    protected disk . . . . then at the BURN stage it gave a message that the
    blank DVD didn't have enough space. I was using a standard DVD-r with 4.76
    GB. Do they make larger discs? Am I missing something?

    Bubba, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Bubba

    CoMa Guest

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:21:40 -0500, "Bubba" <> wrote:

    >I installed a copy of DVD43. It seemed to be successfully copying a
    >protected disk . . . . then at the BURN stage it gave a message that the
    >blank DVD didn't have enough space. I was using a standard DVD-r with 4.76
    >GB. Do they make larger discs? Am I missing something?

    DVD43 only take away the DVD protection so you can copy/ripp
    it to your harddrive.
    If the orginal disc is over 4.6Gb large then you have to burn the
    copy onto a DVD+R DL (8.5Gb) disc .
    Or you can shrink the ripped DVD with DVD Shrink,
    so it fits onto a DVD+R (4.7Gb) disc.

    DVD Shrink
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Shrink/1050004458/1

    CoMa, Apr 21, 2008

  3. "Bubba" <> wrote in message
    >I installed a copy of DVD43. It seemed to be successfully copying a
    >protected disk . . . . then at the BURN stage it gave a message that the
    >blank DVD didn't have enough space. I was using a standard DVD-r with 4.76
    >GB. Do they make larger discs? Am I missing something?

    if the original dvd has a gold sheen ( assuming it's a shop bought dvd) then
    it's dual layer - so you need a dual layer blank - either that or software
    to re-encode it.

    --
    Gareth.

    That fly, is your magic wand.....

    The dog from that film you saw, Apr 21, 2008