    "un-copyable" DVD's.
    A lot of questions I know, any information is greatly appreciated.

    Martin.

    Martin Spencer, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Martin Spencer

    Oldguy Guest

    DVD X Copy Express and the others are CRAP. Save your money and get DVD
    Shrink. It's free and it works to rip the DVD. Then use Nero or something to
    burn with.

    "Martin Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is DVD X Copy Express as good as the more expensive Gold and Platinum
    > versions when it comes to making great backups of your DVD's? Will it copy
    > the entire DVD including the special features and all the good stuff?

    Also,
    > are there any DVD's it won't copy? If so do patches get released to fix

    the

    Oldguy, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Junkware.

    You can get BETTER software for free. Do some homework.

    Colon Terminus, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Martin Spencer

    419eater Guest

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is DVD X Copy Express as good as the more expensive Gold and Platinum
    > versions when it comes to making great backups of your DVD's? Will it copy
    > the entire DVD including the special features and all the good stuff?

    Also,
    > are there any DVD's it won't copy? If so do patches get released to fix

    the
    > "un-copyable" DVD's.
    > A lot of questions I know, any information is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Martin.

    Don't waste your cash.

    I use DVD decrypter(free), DVD shrink (free) and Nero (free, if you know
    where to look!). If you HAVE to buy Nero, then at least you will have a
    useful tool that will do many other things for you.

    If you want to make it easier, use DVD decrypter and then Pinnacle
    Instantcopy, which will compress and burn the DVD for you.

    The problem with X-Copy/X-Copy Express is that any DVD you copy gets
    X-Copy's logo plastered on the front of the DVD.

    Mike.
    Say "NO!" to 419 scammers!
    www.419eater.com

    419eater, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Martin Spencer

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Martin Spencer" <> wrote in

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is DVD X Copy Express as good as the more expensive Gold and Platinum
    > versions when it comes to making great backups of your DVD's?

    Last time I used it... it was a collection of free tools.

    There are better alternatives.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 14, 2003
  6. Martin Spencer

    kcw Guest

    I've the same problem with every version of dvdshrink. It works ONCE.
    After the first DVD, every time I try to backup the DVD to file, the
    progran crashes.

    I'll go back to dvd xcopy, thank you.

    kcw, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Martin Spencer

    Skid Guest

    "kcw" <> wrote in message
    > I've the same problem with every version of dvdshrink. It works ONCE.
    > After the first DVD, every time I try to backup the DVD to file, the
    > progran crashes.
    >
    > I'll go back to dvd xcopy, thank you.

    You're welcome to it.

    Never had a problem with DVD Shrink myself, and the new version automates
    the process for one-button burns with Nero.

    A lot more reliable and flexible than the disc-to-disc, one-time-only,
    logo-branded copies from Xcopy -- when it feels like working at all. I still
    can't believe they actually charge money for it, or that anyone would prefer
    it to the more robust and fully-featured freeware alternatives.

    To each his own.

    Skid, Jan 19, 2004
  8. Martin Spencer

    Don B Guest

    kcw <> wrote in

    > I've the same problem with every version of dvdshrink. It works ONCE.
    > After the first DVD, every time I try to backup the DVD to file, the
    > progran crashes.
    >
    > I'll go back to dvd xcopy, thank you.

    You are in the minority. I bought the platnum edition and have had nothing
    but trouble. So far I have copied 14 DVD's with DVD Schrink and it has been
    perfect. 3 out of the 4 I tried with DVD X-copy Platnum have had problems.
    I am hoping there will be a class action lawsuit VS 321 studio. Check the
    newsgroups...count the problems users have with it. So $150 vs free...not a
    difficult choice.

    Don B, Jan 19, 2004
  9. Martin Spencer

    Rob Guest

    I purchased the full retail version of DVD-X-COPY in early December -
    had no idea of how to copy DVDs and this seemed like the right way to
    go. It works great, but it doesn't give you the ability to delete
    stuff (alternate language tracks, sub-titles, etc.) and it doesn't
    allow you to compress files. If I want to make a backup copy of my
    "Goodfellas" original, for example, it will force me to use at least 2
    DVD-Rs.

    The upgrade (DVD-X-COPY Platinum) will apparently allow the above but
    they want another $150.00 US for it!

    I have switched to dvdshrink and burnatonce ... both free and both
    work perfectly.

    Rob, Jan 19, 2004
  10. Don B wrote:

    > You are in the minority. I bought the platnum edition and have had nothing
    > but trouble. So far I have copied 14 DVD's with DVD Schrink and it has been
    > perfect. 3 out of the 4 I tried with DVD X-copy Platnum have had problems.

    I have and use all 3 solutions - DvdXcopy, DvdXpress and
    DvdShrink + Nero for the better part of a year and have
    never had a single problem with any of the software nor
    any problems with any of the discs any of them have made
    for me.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Jan 19, 2004
  11. Martin Spencer

    kcw Guest

    Well, like I said, I'm having problems. It only works once. Maybe I'm
    missing something. Any suggestions.

    Kevin

    kcw, Jan 21, 2004
  12. Martin Spencer

    Skid Guest

    This really is the wrong newsgroup for this discussion. Try
    alt.video.dvd.software or alt.video.dvdr

    Meanwhile, read one of the newer DVD Shrink guides at www.dvdrhelp.com
    And check your hardware config. The burner should be master on the secondary
    IDE channel with a new 80-wire cable. Uninstall any third-party IDE drivers,
    VIA, Nvidia, or Intel Applicaion Accelerator. You need a minimum of 10 gigs
    free on a freshly defragged drive. Make sure UDMA is enabled on the
    controller, and if it's not, delete the controller and reboot, then reset it
    to UDMA.

    Skid, Jan 21, 2004