    completed without a problem.

    I don't have any problems with DVD+R media - only DVD+RW

    Any ideas what the problem can be?

    A, Jan 15, 2004

  2. A

    Stuart Guest

    "A" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm using an external HP 300e (DVD+) and see to have problems writing
    > to DVD+RW media (even the HP brand).
    >
    > Both Nero & DVD Decrypter says that the writing was successful but
    > then the drive refuses to recognise the DVD.
    >
    > DVD Decrypter says that the disc isn't empty but can't see anything on
    > it (won't even read it). Nero will show a session on it (full at
    > 4.7GB)

    > Any ideas what the problem can be?

    I don't have experience with DVDs, but I know that with CDs if you don't
    close the session it doesn't often like it. Check that multisession options
    are disabled and that it's closing the session/disc after it's finished.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jan 15, 2004

  3. A

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    Stick to DVD-R.
    Cheaper and can be read by most, if not all, DVD players.

    ¢_£¥ºÑ, Jan 15, 2004
  4. A

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bu5u5c$7bt$>,
    ernz says...

    > "A" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm using an external HP 300e (DVD+) and see to have problems writing
    > > to DVD+RW media (even the HP brand).
    > >
    > > Both Nero & DVD Decrypter says that the writing was successful but
    > > then the drive refuses to recognise the DVD.
    > >
    > > DVD Decrypter says that the disc isn't empty but can't see anything on
    > > it (won't even read it). Nero will show a session on it (full at
    > > 4.7GB)

    > > Any ideas what the problem can be?

    > I don't have experience with DVDs, but I know that with CDs if you don't
    > close the session it doesn't often like it. Check that multisession options
    > are disabled and that it's closing the session/disc after it's finished.

    It should be possible to see all sessions if it was written as a multi
    session disk, even with Windows 95, but I have seen a Windows XP computer
    that could only see the last session.

    Mainlander, Jan 16, 2004
  5. A

    A Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:16:56 +1100, "¢_£¥ºÑ" <>
    wrote:

    >Stick to DVD-R.
    >Cheaper and can be read by most, if not all, DVD players.

    Sorry but the drive doesn't use DVD-R media. I have no probs with
    DVD+R and both my DVD players read DVD+R fine.

    A, Jan 16, 2004
  6. A

    Zaphod Guest

    Have you tried reading the disks on a dvd player or another puter?
    I sometimes have similar problem but disks play fine on my dvd player
    but not my puter one. not sure why. reinsert the disk another day
    and the puter recognises it. I wonder if windowze gets confused and
    does not realise the disk in not blank anymore.

    Zaphod, Jan 16, 2004
  7. A

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "A" <> wrote in message

    > I don't have any problems with DVD+R media - only DVD+RW
    >
    > Any ideas what the problem can be?

    What are you playing back on? Are you sure it can handle DVD+RW, because
    most consumer electronics models can't. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for
    compatability.

    --
    Mr Scebe