  1. I rented a DVD from blockbuster the other day and I couldn't get it to play
    on my laptop but it played on my normal DVD player, is this a DVD with some
    sort of copy protection in it?
    Nicole Leatham, May 25, 2004

  2. Nicole Leatham

    Biz Guest

    "Nicole Leatham" <> wrote in message
    news:c8vq0d$emk$...
    > I rented a DVD from blockbuster the other day and I couldn't get it to

    play
    > on my laptop but it played on my normal DVD player, is this a DVD with

    some
    > sort of copy protection in it?

    They all have copy protection on them....
    1. Have you ever played a dvd on your laptop b4?
    2. If you answered yes above, then what dvd player software (name and
    version)are you using, what OS r u on, what dvd drive do you have, and what
    title were you trying to play?
    3. Did the title have the PC Friendly/INteractual stuff on it?
    Biz, May 25, 2004

  3. Nicole Leatham

    Pug Fugley Guest

    I'd say it's a problem with your laptop. Let me guess..it's a Dell?

    Pug Fugley, May 25, 2004
  4. Nicole Leatham

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    I've had two laptops from Dell and two desktops from them over the last 8
    years or so and have never had a problem with any of them. My Dell DJ also
    has been problem free.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, May 25, 2004
  5. Nicole Leatham

    O Daddy Guest

    Nicole,

    I don't know if you got an answer to your question. There are three
    basic formats for DVD. There's DVD-ROM, DVD-R, and DVD+R. Not all DVD
    players play all formats. Mine is rather old and plays only DVD-R and (I
    think) DVD-ROM. I watch alot of videos on DVD and I only had it happen
    once where the DVD would not play. I also rented it from Blockbuster.

    Hope this helps.

    -Jack

    O Daddy, May 25, 2004
  6. Nicole Leatham

    Prot Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:50:38 +0000 (UTC), "Nicole Leatham"
    <> wrote:

    >I rented a DVD from blockbuster the other day and I couldn't get it to play
    >on my laptop but it played on my normal DVD player, is this a DVD with some
    >sort of copy protection in it?

    Does your laptop even have a dvd drive? If it's only a cd drive, then
    that is your problem.
    Prot, May 26, 2004
  7. Nicole Leatham

    Kapusky