    recognize it, and when I double click on the DVD, I just get "Please
    insert a CD".

    I would highly appreciate your help!

    Edward Cheung, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Edward Cheung

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Sounds like the drive does not read DVD-R media. Might want to upgrade it.

    Pug Fugley, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Thanks for all your assistance. The consensus appears to be incompatible
    media
    with my HP laptop's reader. The disk's manufacturere is unknown, but it
    does say DVD+R on it.

    I have since copied the DVD onto my HP laptop (via my home network thru
    the Mac laptop), and am able to play it now. I just need it for a
    presentation,
    so this stopgap will work for now.

    BTW, I am using PowerDVD's demo version. Any opinions on a low cost
    DVD Software with ability to store bookmarks and a playlist would be
    appreciated (PowerDVD is $30).

    Edward Cheung, Sep 7, 2003
  4. On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 00:44:26 GMT, Edward Cheung
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for all your assistance. The consensus appears to be incompatible
    >media
    >with my HP laptop's reader. The disk's manufacturere is unknown, but it
    >does say DVD+R on it.

    More PC's are able to read -R and -RW than the +R and +RW formats.

    If you wish to check if a PC's DVD drive can play various formats,
    d/l this freeware app:

    http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroInfoTool_200.zip

    H E Pennypacker, Sep 8, 2003