    Also are there bigger blank dvds available?

    Thanks,
    Grace

    Grace, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Grace

    Jamco Guest

    leave in everything you want, and take out everything you don't want

    Jamco, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Grace

    old jon Guest

    "Grace" <> wrote in message
    >I was copying a dvd but the dvd was way too large to fit on my blank disk -
    >does that mean I need to re-author in DVD Shrink? If so, what do I keep and
    >what do I leave in? I haven't done this before.
    > Also are there bigger blank dvds available?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Grace

    Let DVDshrink do the work for you. Read The Fullipping Manual. You get
    4.3gig on a DVD.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Grace

    old jon Guest

    "Grace" <> wrote in message
    >I was copying a dvd but the dvd was way too large to fit on my blank disk -
    >does that mean I need to re-author in DVD Shrink? If so, what do I keep and
    >what do I leave in? I haven't done this before.
    > Also are there bigger blank dvds available?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Grace

    from someone elses post, quote
    Have a look at this detailed, step-by-step DVD Shrink guide:
    >> http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23

    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Grace

    Ionizer Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Grace" <> wrote in message
    >>I was copying a dvd but the dvd was way too large to fit on my blank
    >>disk - does that mean I need to re-author in DVD Shrink? If so, what
    >>do I keep and what do I leave in? I haven't done this before.
    >> Also are there bigger blank dvds available?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Grace

    > from someone elses post, quote
    > Have a look at this detailed, step-by-step DVD Shrink guide:
    >>> http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23

    > best wishes..OJ

    Thanks for saving me the trouble of repeating myself, Jon.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Grace

    old jon Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Grace" <> wrote in message
    >>>I was copying a dvd but the dvd was way too large to fit on my blank
    >>>disk - does that mean I need to re-author in DVD Shrink? If so, what do I
    >>>keep and what do I leave in? I haven't done this before.
    >>> Also are there bigger blank dvds available?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Grace

    >> from someone elses post, quote
    >> Have a look at this detailed, step-by-step DVD Shrink guide:

    >> best wishes..OJ

    > Thanks for saving me the trouble of repeating myself, Jon.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    The best to you big I...OJ

    old jon, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Grace

    Alice Guest

    "Grace" <> wrote in

    > I was copying a dvd but the dvd was way too large to fit on my blank

    Assuming you get the hang of shrink, you should check out other excellent
    *free* utilities. I'm not going to write you a detailed guide, but google
    a bit.
    Anyway, here is my preferred method:(make sure you have
    MediaPlayerClassic* or the newest PowerDVD-$- to use these tools).

    1-Decrypt with DVD-Decrypter* first in FILE mode.
    2-Blank previews and extras you don't want with with VobBlanker*
    3-Open MenuShrink* and shrink your menu so you can keep it (you can't do
    that in DVDShrink in reauthor mode)[I have media player classic* and
    there's a path to it from this tool to preview your work]
    4-Click the link in MenuShrink* to DVDShrink* and Shrink will open up,
    ready to shrink the entire disc (it will be much smaller after using
    VobBlanker and MenuShrink so your movie won't need much compression at
    all :)
    5-Burn your shrunk movie with DVDDecrypter* or Nero-$- or whatever.

    If you DO use Shrink in "reauthor mode" only you may encounter playback
    problems in some players. I suggest you open the "reauthored" DVD in
    PGCEdit* first and save the DVD, then click on the link "Create/Burn
    ISO" and use IMGTool Classic* to make your ISO before burning since no
    writing software can screw up an ISO image.

    *=Free tools you need to download and
    More indepth guides at the following:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides.htm