    Is there such a thing, eg. a portable walkman like DVD player, that
    can be used to plug into a normal AV socket on the TV, but can also be
    used like a normal walkman and be carried around.

    sal, Jan 11, 2004

  2. sal

    Lebowski Guest

    "sal" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there such a thing, eg. a portable walkman like DVD player, that
    > can be used to plug into a normal AV socket on the TV, but can also be
    > used like a normal walkman and be carried around.

    Yeah well the last Dick Smith catalogue had the following product in stock:

    Cyberhome Portable DVD with 7'' screen $649 (save $50)

    Watch your favourite DVD movies anywhere! Play DVD movies, music CD's,
    MP3's, JPG slideshows and more!

    No idea if it plays thru an AV socket on the telly (or what the battery life
    is like), but worth investigating further I guess..

    HTH

    Lebowski, Jan 11, 2004

  3. sal

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:32:19 +1300, sal wrote:

    > Is there such a thing, eg. a portable walkman like DVD player, that
    > can be used to plug into a normal AV socket on the TV, but can also be
    > used like a normal walkman and be carried around.

    Yes - much more expensive, and larger.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Jan 11, 2004
  4. sal

    K & S Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:32:19 +1300, sal <> wrote:

    >Is there such a thing, eg. a portable walkman like DVD player, that
    >can be used to plug into a normal AV socket on the TV, but can also be
    >used like a normal walkman and be carried around.

    Yes seen a few Sony make one..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004
  5. sal

    sal Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:18:30 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >"sal" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there such a thing, eg. a portable walkman like DVD player, that
    >> can be used to plug into a normal AV socket on the TV, but can also be
    >> used like a normal walkman and be carried around.

    >Yeah well the last Dick Smith catalogue had the following product in stock:
    >
    >Cyberhome Portable DVD with 7'' screen $649 (save $50)
    >
    >Watch your favourite DVD movies anywhere! Play DVD movies, music CD's,
    >MP3's, JPG slideshows and more!
    >
    >No idea if it plays thru an AV socket on the telly (or what the battery life
    >is like), but worth investigating further I guess..
    >
    >HTH

    Thanks, yes I was looking for one without a screen, as they are more
    like a lap top. I have found one, and maybe Sony will release a new
    compact version of it here soon
    http://shop.bizrate.com/marketplace...id--7787511,keyword--dvd player portable.html

    sal, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Southern Kiwi, Jan 11, 2004