    I do have an AIW 8500DV which has video in and out, but I have never used
    the video in or out function. I also have a DVD burner, but don't think I
    need it for this. Can anybody help?

    Harry Ohno, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Harry Ohno

    ß©©ß Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:02:08 -0500, "Harry Ohno" <>
    wrote:

    >Can I transfer DVD to VHS? What are the steps and software needed?
    >I do have an AIW 8500DV which has video in and out, but I have never used
    >the video in or out function. I also have a DVD burner, but don't think I
    >need it for this. Can anybody help?

    I have never done it, but plug the OUT from the DVD player into the IN
    of the VCR. Start VCR in record mode and push play on the DVD. Be
    sure to use cables rated for video, not cheapie audio cables. I see
    no reason this should not work as long as you are not copying
    something that has anti-copy coding. In other words, something that
    is copyrighted. Of course that would be illegal anyhow, and the FBI
    warnings are no laughing matter. They could be watching you right
    now. But if you have a homemade DVD of your kids birthday party, that
    should copy just fine. Same as copying a VHS to a VHS tape.

    ß©©ß, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Harry Ohno

    Harry Ohno Guest

    Actually, I do not have a DVD player. I wanted to use the DVD burner in my
    computer. So I assume I can rip the DVD (it is not a copyrighted one) using
    DVD Shrink or equal. Then I need to copy the AVI or MPG file back to the
    tape. That is the part I am unsure of.

    Harry Ohno, Nov 14, 2004
  4. >Subject: Re: DVD to VHS

    **** you and **** them.