    Can't figure it out. Any ideals ?? Most appreciated.

    Thanks alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Steve

    slats1, Dec 17, 2008

  2. "slats1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > Trying to tape(vhs) from a DVD player. DVD to
    > VHS to TV. The brightness
    > keeps going up & down about every 15 seconds. The VHS plays a tape
    > to TV with no problem.
    > Can't figure it out. Any ideals ?? Most appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    > Steve

    that's copy protection - macrovision.
    they don't want you to record the dvd onto tape.
    you could always copy the dvd on your pc with macrovision turned off and
    then video that - but it all sounds like a lot of hassle.

    --
    Gareth.

    that fly...... is your magic wand....

    The dog from that film you saw, Dec 17, 2008

  3. slats1

    Jerry Guest

    "UncleDave" <dhyndman(at)sasktel.net> wrote in message

    > "slats1" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> Trying to tape(vhs) from a DVD player. DVD to
    >> VHS to TV. The brightness
    >> keeps going up & down about every 15 seconds. The VHS plays a tape
    >> to TV with no problem.
    >> Can't figure it out. Any ideals ?? Most appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    >> Steve

    > The VHS tape is copy-protected.

    He's recording TO VHS tape not from it, so how could the tape he's writing
    to be copy-protected?

    Jerry, Dec 20, 2008
  4. slats1

    Justin Guest

    Jerry wrote on [Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:43:04 -0500]:
    > "UncleDave" <dhyndman(at)sasktel.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "slats1" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>> Trying to tape(vhs) from a DVD player. DVD to
    >>> VHS to TV. The brightness
    >>> keeps going up & down about every 15 seconds. The VHS plays a tape
    >>> to TV with no problem.
    >>> Can't figure it out. Any ideals ?? Most appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    >>> Steve

    >> The VHS tape is copy-protected.

    > He's recording TO VHS tape not from it, so how could the tape he's writing
    > to be copy-protected?

    The DVD is copy-protected and the DVD player is providing the
    macrovision pulses.

    Justin, Dec 21, 2008
  5. slats1

    slats1 Guest

    On Dec 20, 8:09 pm, "UncleDave" <dhyndman(at)sasktel.net> wrote:
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message

    > > Jerry wrote on [Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:43:04 -0500]:
    > >> "UncleDave" <dhyndman(at)sasktel.net> wrote in message

    > >> He's recording TO VHS tape not from it, so how could the tape he's
    > >> writing
    > >> to be copy-protected?

    > > The DVD is copy-protected and the DVD player is providing the
    > > macrovision pulses.

    > That's what I meant in my other reply.- Hide quoted text -

    THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I forgot about the Copywriter stuff. I'm
    gettin too old.
    I checked some of the WEbSites for help. Wow,,,, Everything is on
    there. I think I'll
    just buy another and do it the right way,,,Ha !!! Thanks
    again,,,,,,, It's amazing how
    much info is on here !!!
    Steve

    slats1, Dec 23, 2008
  6. slats1

    RickMerrill Guest

    Obscured by Clouds wrote:
    > "slats1" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> Trying to tape(vhs) from a DVD player. DVD to
    >> VHS to TV. The brightness
    >> keeps going up & down about every 15 seconds. The VHS plays a tape
    >> to TV with no problem.
    >> Can't figure it out. Any ideals ?? Most appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    >> Steve

    > The DVD is copy protected...what you're trying to do is technically illegal!

    Lots of people are not impressed by "illegal" so that's why they have
    made the hardware do it for them.

    RickMerrill, Dec 24, 2008
  7. slats1

    anon Guest

    slats1 wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Trying to tape(vhs) from a DVD player. DVD to VHS to TV. The brightness
    > keeps going up & down about every 15 seconds. The VHS plays a tape
    > to TV with no problem.

    Definitely Macrovision Type I (AGC)

    You have two options to solve the problem:

    a. Make a copy of the original DVD via PC. Make sure all region coding,
    RCE, CSS and Macrovision parameters are defeated during the process (I
    won't get into those details here). With a sanitized DVD copy, you can
    dub it to VHS without problems;

    b. Install a "processor" (y'know what I mean) or TBC unit between the
    DVD and VCR connections. This is the easiest way, but such hardware are
    hard to find now. :(

    anon, Jan 1, 2009
  8. slats1

    anon Guest

    slats1 wrote:
    > THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I forgot about the Copywriter stuff. I'm
    > gettin too old.
    > I checked some of the WEbSites for help. Wow,,,, Everything is on
    > there. I think I'll
    > just buy another and do it the right way,,,Ha !!! Thanks
    > again,,,,,,, It's amazing how much info is on here !!!

    If you need one of those "processors" but can't find one in stock, FYI I
    still have two gently-used Japanese Prospec units available, in
    excellent condition.
    Let me know if you're interested.

    anon, Jan 1, 2009