    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > So whats the easiest way?

    never mind, Im using dvdx from sourceforge.
    It seems to do it relitivly painlessly.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    theseus Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > again I'll ask.
    >
    > I've never reeally bothered doing this other than a bit of fucking around
    > with it at home.
    >
    > Basically, at work, they have got a new piece of equipment, and it came
    > with an instruction DVD.
    >
    > With no DVD players at work and no depts wanting to shell out the ~$90 for
    > the Warewhare ones(how cheap is that?) I've been given the task of copying
    > it(yes we have been told we can).
    >
    > So whats the easiest way?
    >
    > I figure that they'll have to access it from a network drive, so probably
    > just to an AVI or something that can be viewed with Windows Media Player
    > would be best.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz

    Heaps of info at doom9
    http://www.doom9.org/
    theseus, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    JohnO Guest

    > again I'll ask.
    >
    > I've never reeally bothered doing this other than a bit of fucking
    > around with it at home.
    >
    > Basically, at work, they have got a new piece of equipment, and it came
    > with an instruction DVD.
    >
    > With no DVD players at work and no depts wanting to shell out the ~$90
    > for the Warewhare ones(how cheap is that?) I've been given the task of
    > copying it(yes we have been told we can).
    >
    > So whats the easiest way?
    >
    > I figure that they'll have to access it from a network drive, so
    > probably just to an AVI or something that can be viewed with Windows
    > Media Player would be best.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz

    Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost more
    than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses, eh?
    JohnO, Aug 25, 2004
  5. JohnO wrote:
    >>So whats the easiest way?

    > Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost more
    > than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses, eh?

    almost, but hey, they pay me no matter what I'm doing, so may aswell
    fill in time doing something.

    it's a slow day today.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    frederick Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > > again I'll ask.
    > >
    > > I've never reeally bothered doing this other than a bit of fucking
    > > around with it at home.
    > >
    > > Basically, at work, they have got a new piece of equipment, and it came
    > > with an instruction DVD.
    > >
    > > With no DVD players at work and no depts wanting to shell out the ~$90
    > > for the Warewhare ones(how cheap is that?) I've been given the task of
    > > copying it(yes we have been told we can).
    > >
    > > So whats the easiest way?
    > >
    > > I figure that they'll have to access it from a network drive, so
    > > probably just to an AVI or something that can be viewed with Windows
    > > Media Player would be best.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dave Hall
    > > http://www.dave.net.nz

    > Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost more
    > than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses, eh?

    But they should be able to claim back your time as a "staff education" cost, and
    next time you whine at them, they can use it as an example of how they are
    prepared to invest in your "professional development".
    frederick, Aug 25, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    JohnO Guest

    "frederick" <> wrote in message
    > "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > > > again I'll ask.
    > > >
    > > > I've never reeally bothered doing this other than a bit of fucking
    > > > around with it at home.
    > > >
    > > > Basically, at work, they have got a new piece of equipment, and it

    came
    > > > with an instruction DVD.
    > > >
    > > > With no DVD players at work and no depts wanting to shell out the ~$90
    > > > for the Warewhare ones(how cheap is that?) I've been given the task of
    > > > copying it(yes we have been told we can).
    > > >
    > > > So whats the easiest way?
    > > >
    > > > I figure that they'll have to access it from a network drive, so
    > > > probably just to an AVI or something that can be viewed with Windows
    > > > Media Player would be best.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Dave Hall
    > > > http://www.dave.net.nz

    > > Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost

    more
    > > than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses,

    eh?

    > But they should be able to claim back your time as a "staff education"

    cost, and
    > next time you whine at them, they can use it as an example of how they are
    > prepared to invest in your "professional development".

    You are Catbert and I claim my $5
    JohnO, Aug 25, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    JohnO Guest

    > JohnO wrote:
    > >>So whats the easiest way?

    > > Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost

    more
    > > than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses,

    eh?

    > almost, but hey, they pay me no matter what I'm doing, so may aswell
    > fill in time doing something.
    >
    > it's a slow day today.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz

    And hey, you learned something!
    JohnO, Aug 25, 2004
  9. frederick wrote:
    >>Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will cost more
    >>than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy haired bosses, eh?

    > But they should be able to claim back your time as a "staff education" cost, and
    > next time you whine at them, they can use it as an example of how they are
    > prepared to invest in your "professional development".

    I am but a simple contractor, and my boss wouldn't invest in squat.
    However, I don't see him much, so I study in my spare time here anyway.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004
  10. JohnO wrote:
    >>almost, but hey, they pay me no matter what I'm doing, so may aswell
    >>fill in time doing something.
    >>it's a slow day today.

    > And hey, you learned something!

    wow, now I can pirate DVD's easily, thanks boss.

    :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mike Dee Guest

    > JohnO wrote:
    >>>So whats the easiest way?

    >> Heh, the funny thing is, your time spent on working this out will
    >> cost more than what they could have owned a DVD player for! Pointy
    >> haired bosses, eh?

    > almost, but hey, they pay me no matter what I'm doing, so may aswell
    > fill in time doing something.
    >
    > it's a slow day today.

    I get excellent results using AutoGK and play-back using DivX Player.
    AutoGK makes creating DivX [MPEG4] CD's from DVD a no-brainer.

    <http://len0x.btothec.com/web3/>

    --
    D.
    Mike Dee, Aug 25, 2004
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Aug 25, 2004
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > again I'll ask.
    >
    > I've never reeally bothered doing this other than a bit of fucking
    > around with it at home.
    >
    > Basically, at work, they have got a new piece of equipment, and it came
    > with an instruction DVD.
    >
    > With no DVD players at work and no depts wanting to shell out the ~$90
    > for the Warewhare ones(how cheap is that?) I've been given the task of
    > copying it(yes we have been told we can).
    >
    > So whats the easiest way?
    >
    > I figure that they'll have to access it from a network drive, so
    > probably just to an AVI or something that can be viewed with Windows
    > Media Player would be best.

    MPlayer is easiest.
    Harry, Aug 25, 2004
  14. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 25/08/2004 15:18:

    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    >>> almost, but hey, they pay me no matter what I'm doing, so may aswell
    >>> fill in time doing something.
    >>> it's a slow day today.

    >> And hey, you learned something!

    > wow, now I can pirate DVD's easily, thanks boss.
    >
    > :)

    He He DVD Pirating is sooo easyy

    Particularly if you have
    1. A DVD Writer
    2. DVD Shrink
    3. DVD DEcrypter

    Perfect copy including menus etc on a 4.7Gb DVD.

    I am amazed at how easy it is.
    Collector_NZ, Aug 25, 2004