    Does anyone know of any?

    thanks,
    Janchub

    jangchub, Aug 10, 2007

  2. jangchub

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    > I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Janchub

    Download from link below. 1st name & serial worked for me.
    Good luck, Janchub:)
    Ahead DVD Ripper 2.4.1 Professional Edition
    http://www.aheaddvd.com/

    Name: Ahead Software
    Serial: zkSCHZLBXFjCTSHL

    Name: DVD Ripper
    Serial: OcOZJEKKSTHLWsCb

    Name: Softex
    Serial: LBXFSDHLWsCbMErp

    sandy58, Aug 10, 2007

  3. jangchub

    jangchub Guest

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:50:29 -0700, sandy58 <> wrote:

    >Download from link below. 1st name & serial worked for me.
    >Good luck, Janchub:)
    >Ahead DVD Ripper 2.4.1 Professional Edition
    >http://www.aheaddvd.com/
    >
    >Name: Ahead Software
    >Serial: zkSCHZLBXFjCTSHL
    >
    >Name: DVD Ripper
    >Serial: OcOZJEKKSTHLWsCb
    >
    >Name: Softex
    >Serial: LBXFSDHLWsCbMErp

    Thank you. I must be doing something wrong; an incorrect setting
    somewhere. First it is scheduled to take about 4 hours to convert. Is
    this correct? Then, when I do a test run of the avi file it is
    completely pixelated and shaky. Would you mind telling me what
    settings you use and how well yours come out. I am using an Dell
    Inspiron 9300 Desktop Replacement with a 17 inch sreen. Operating
    system is XP Media Center. Any help would be appreciated a lot.

    thanks,
    janchub

    jangchub, Aug 10, 2007
  4. jangchub

    Mikey Guest

    DVDFAB Platinum is relly good, does it all. Even duplicates protected DVDs

    Free Trial at www.dvdfab.com

    Easy to use and not slow either.

    Converting DVDs to AVIs is a slow process anyway.

    4hrs seems a little slow. What CPU are you using, and how much memory?

    Hope this helps.

    Mike

    Mikey, Aug 10, 2007
  5. jangchub

    Stuart Guest

    "jangchub" <> wrote in message
    >I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Janchub

    AutoGK http://www.autogk.me.uk/ is free and does a good job in conversion
    to AVI. You have a choice of either DivX or Xvid codecs.

    Program features support of:
    - DVD/VOBs(unencrypted from hdd), MPEG2, MPEG1, transport streams (including
    multi-program ones) and AVI/DV input sources
    - XviD or DivX(5/6) output formats
    - AC3, DTS, PCM, MPA input audio tracks
    - AC3, DTS, MPA, CBR/VBR MP3 output audio tracks
    - two audio tracks in AVI
    - external (vobsub) or internal (burnt-in) subtitles (with support of forced
    subs)
    - HDTV input/output resolutions(upto 1920x***) and frame rates (50/60fps)
    - automatic crop and resize based on compressibility of the source to
    achieve best results
    - automatic detection of input source: PAL, NTSC, FILM, HYBRID
    - automatic deinterlacer and IVTC
    - automatic split into CD-sized chunks for main video and external subs

    Stuart, Aug 11, 2007
  6. jangchub

    jangchub Guest

    I have a gig of RAM and it's Centrino. Actually, I think what I
    decided to do is to upload the whole DVD to the hard drive for
    traveling and deleting it when I get home. I have never found a
    decent compression where it wasn't shaky or pixelating. I'll give
    your suggestion a try.

    jangchub, Aug 11, 2007
  7. jangchub

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    > I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Janchub

    4.26gb DVD (Surf's Up) converted back to .avi (669,335mb) in 2h20
    minutes.
    My PC stats: 3.6ghz
    2GB RAM
    Had DVD on HDD & converted from there to temp folder.
    Used Ahead DVD Ripper (as you have)
    Maybe you tried to convert from DVD in DVD-rom drive?
    I did too first off, but with "refusal" error.

    sandy58, Aug 11, 2007
  8. jangchub

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    > I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Janchub

    Re; DVDFab Platinum 3.1.6.0 - Final Full version
    By the way, Do NOT reboot when asked after "install"!!!!! There are
    instructions included. Open with Notepad or similar.

    sandy58, Aug 11, 2007
  9. jangchub

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    > I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Janchub

    I wasn't impressed with DVDFab Platinum 3.1.6.0 - Final Full version.
    I'm going to try Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum.
    Here it is.

    sandy58, Aug 11, 2007
  10. jangchub

    jangchub Guest

    On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:02:38 -0700, sandy58 <> wrote:

    >On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    >> I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    >> using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    >> works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> Janchub

    >4.26gb DVD (Surf's Up) converted back to .avi (669,335mb) in 2h20
    >minutes.
    >My PC stats: 3.6ghz
    >2GB RAM
    >Had DVD on HDD & converted from there to temp folder.
    >Used Ahead DVD Ripper (as you have)
    >Maybe you tried to convert from DVD in DVD-rom drive?
    >I did too first off, but with "refusal" error.

    I did try to use the files after I uploaded them to the pc, after I
    ran them through DVD Shrink. The refusal error was that I had not
    selected a source. As I said in another post I just uploaded the
    movies to my hard drive and that way I have no compression and crystal
    clear images that way. There is nothing worse than pixelation from
    compression. I hate it when it happens on the tv using satellite
    compression. I used to be a C-Band person, then it just about went
    away.

    jangchub, Aug 11, 2007
  11. jangchub

    senderila

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I recommend moyea dvd ripper .This software can converter dvd to other video famats.

    senderila, Aug 13, 2007
  12. jangchub

    gerry Guest

    On Aug 11, 11:30 am, jangchub <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:02:38 -0700, sandy58 <> wrote:
    > >On Aug 10, 1:46 pm, jangchub <> wrote:
    > >> I travel and find my battery lasts longer when I view films without
    > >> using the disc, so I'm looking to buy good software which actually
    > >> works, makes decent video avi files and isn't a waste of time.

    > >> Does anyone know of any?

    > >> thanks,
    > >> Janchub

    > >4.26gb DVD (Surf's Up) converted back to .avi (669,335mb) in 2h20
    > >minutes.
    > >My PC stats: 3.6ghz
    > >2GB RAM
    > >Had DVD on HDD & converted from there to temp folder.
    > >Used Ahead DVD Ripper (as you have)
    > >Maybe you tried to convert from DVD in DVD-rom drive?
    > >I did too first off, but with "refusal" error.

    > I did try to use the files after I uploaded them to the pc, after I
    > ran them through DVD Shrink. The refusal error was that I had not
    > selected a source. As I said in another post I just uploaded the
    > movies to my hard drive and that way I have no compression and crystal
    > clear images that way. There is nothing worse than pixelation from
    > compression. I hate it when it happens on the tv using satellite
    > compression. I used to be a C-Band person, then it just about went
    > away.- Hide quoted text -

    Your best best is to get BitComet version 0.84 (later versions have
    ads on them, which you can sometimes get rid of) and go to a
    bittorrent site like Mininova, EZTV or Isohunt. My impression is that
    the Gordian Knot or its easier to use AutoGK programs are the best
    software to convert DVD mpeg files to XviD format. These two freeware
    programs create a data file that has everything but the closed
    captions on the original. VLC media player does a fine job playing
    back these compressed files, it even has an option so that if you find
    a .srt subtitle file for the movie, you can play that with the movie,
    very useful with some foreign movies you download that don't come with
    subtitles.

    Compressing video takes a long time and sometimes the guy doing the
    transcoding, who has experience at doing this, flubs it, maybe having
    audio out of synch or jumps in the video. Then the transcoded XviD
    or .avi file is "nuked" by other downloaders who spot the flaw. This
    happens a lot at TV show torrents sites.

    gerry, Aug 15, 2007
  13. jangchub

    realgeorge39

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    iWellsoft Video to Zune Converter show your directory Automatically when the conversion has been completed. Support Batch files conversion.Support Set the start position and end position of source file to convert.

    http://www.zuneconverter.net/

    realgeorge39, Sep 14, 2007