    picture taken with my FujiFile A303 digital camera.

    What is your opinion.

    Thanks

    Yves Brault, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Yves Brault

    Ollie T Guest

    I don't know too much about the models you were considering. I do know that
    at Wal-Mart you can get an Apex DVD player that plays DVD, Mp3, Jpg photos,
    VCD, SVCD, CDR/W, DVDR/W and even some things it should not play. These
    things only cost about $45. Not a bad deal at all. I think they also have
    another model that is about $20 more that also supports progressive scan.

    "Yves Brault" <> wrote in message
    > I'm currently looking for a DVD that can display JPEG files from a
    > CD-R/CD-RW disc.
    >
    > There is 2 models that I saw but I don't know which one to choose from...
    >
    > Koss KD260
    > Panasonic DVD-S35K or DVD-S35S
    >
    > I'll mainly use it to listen MP3 from CD-R/CD-RW I wrote and to display

    JPEG

    Ollie T, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Yves Brault

    TB Guest

    "Yves Brault" wrote:

    > I'm currently looking for a DVD that can display JPEG files from a
    > CD-R/CD-RW disc.
    >
    > There is 2 models that I saw but I don't know which one to choose from...
    >
    > Koss KD260
    > Panasonic DVD-S35K or DVD-S35S
    >
    > I'll mainly use it to listen MP3 from CD-R/CD-RW I wrote and to display

    JPEG
    > picture taken with my FujiFile A303 digital camera.
    >
    > What is your opinion.

    Toshiba SD 4800 also does this. Excellent player and a great price of around
    $150 or less.

    T.B.

    TB, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Yves Brault

    Doonie Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:42:21 -0400, Yves Brault wrote:

    >I'm currently looking for a DVD that can display JPEG files from a
    >CD-R/CD-RW disc.

    Pet peeve: People saying "DVD" when they really mean "DVD player".

    How can a DVD display a jpeg file?

    --
    www.originaltrilogy.com

    Doonie, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Yves Brault

    Dooley Guest

    You want one of the Apex players, they play about any vcd I have made, play
    mp3 and show jpegs, I didn't know they had the progressive scan machine out
    yet, but if it is only $65 may not be bad, but could it effect the ability
    of the machine to read all the cd types it does?

    Dooley, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Yves Brault

    PeterTHX Guest

    "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    > I don't know too much about the models you were considering. I do know

    that
    > at Wal-Mart you can get an Apex DVD player that plays DVD, Mp3, Jpg

    photos,
    > VCD, SVCD, CDR/W, DVDR/W and even some things it should not play. These
    > things only cost about $45. Not a bad deal at all.

    Yeah. If you want pure JUNK.

    Stay away from Apex. It's treated sewage. You definately get what you pay
    for with them.

    PeterTHX, Jul 9, 2003
  7. Yves Brault

    PeterTHX Guest

    "Dooley" <> wrote in message
    > You want one of the Apex players, they play about any vcd I have made,

    play
    > mp3 and show jpegs, I didn't know they had the progressive scan machine

    out
    > yet, but if it is only $65 may not be bad, but could it effect the ability
    > of the machine to read all the cd types it does?

    You forgot the ability to break down after about a month.
    STAY AWAY FROM APEX!!!

    PeterTHX, Jul 9, 2003
  8. Yves Brault

    Ken Wagner Guest

    Before you get one of those inferior players, let me direct you to a
    superior one. . .

    JVC model XV-N40BK

    It's a progressive scan player that does JPEG and has no problem with
    recordable media formats. It's very cheap at about $90 and has very good
    video output quality.

    Ken Wagner, Jul 11, 2003