DVD super multi drive cd write problem..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ashjas, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    Hello,

    I have a toshiba satellite pro m70-113 laptop.

    Following are the problems i am experiencing::

    Reading Problems:

    I am unable to read any cd-r. This is really strange as a couple of
    days earlier those CD-Rs were reading fine on my drive.
    and when i click the cd drive in my computer an error dialog shows
    and says F: is not accessible/incorrect function..here is a screenshot
    for the error..:
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9574/1bp3.jpg

    And when i try to read my DVD-R ,some times they read fine..but
    sometimes it doesnt read it..and the LED of the drive keeps lit when it
    doesnt read the dvd-r.When it doesnt read the dvd-r,the following error
    comes,its screenshot is here:
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9674/2bc0.jpg

    Writing Problems:

    After getting the reading problems..I tried to test my drive for
    writing..
    And i found that I am unable to write on cd-r. I used alcohol,and
    nero both but no success.
    Though same content when burned on cd-rw..its a success.
    I am able to burn successfully on DVD+RW 4x media,with data amounting
    to almost 4.34GB for DVD5..
    When i insert a DVD-R media..the drive doesnt detect it as a blank
    media and the LED keps on lighting constantly..and so nero at this
    state doesnt detect my dvd drive even!So i am not able to write to my
    DVD-R media..

    In short :eek:nly writing to RWs is possible for both,cd-r and
    dvd+RW,and no writing possible on CD-R and DVD-R..

    Please help me.Its only 7 months since i purchased this notebook..I
    have not used this drive much..and never inserted
    scratched/degraded/local media..only moserbaer media.

    Please help me.
    ashjas, Jul 16, 2006

  2. ashjas

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "ashjas" <> said in news:1153032519.945382.176090@
    35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a toshiba satellite pro m70-113 laptop.
    >
    > Following are the problems i am experiencing::
    >
    > Reading Problems:

    <snip>

    ....and all of this should tell you that the drive has probably failed. Just
    because you haven't used it much doesn't mean some diode or transistor
    hasn't fried out of the blue. If it's under warranty, better to have it
    happen now and be able to get it replaced for a nominal charge.

    Jerry
    Jerry Attic, Jul 16, 2006