    if it has subtitles or not.

    If anyone knows a way of checking this then please let me know on here.

    Thanks to anyone that can help.
    Dino M, Dec 12, 2007

  2. Dino M

    Stan Brown Guest

    Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:58:32 GMT from Dino M <>:
    > I would like to know if there is any way of checking if a DVD (or in my case
    > a DVD box set) has subtitles.
    >
    > The reason I ask is that my Grandmother would like the Carry On Box Set,
    > which has 30 films, but she is totally deaf so requires subtitles so she can
    > read them.

    Are you in the US? You need to check for subtitles *and* for closed
    captions.

    Much to my surprise, the /Yes, Minister/ and /Yes, Prime Minister/
    series, both BBC productions, lack subtitles but do have closed
    captions.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Dino M

    Kuskokwim Guest

    Kuskokwim, Dec 13, 2007
  4. Hi,

    Based on your e-mail address, I'm guessing you're in the UK, in which
    case you'll be after the R2 UK set.

    I'm not sure whether the set has subtitles and can't find any info about
    it on the internet. (I managed to find a copy of the back cover but
    there's no mention of subtitles; I think that stuff is on the bottom of
    the box in this case).

    Wesley Mead ('Wezzo'), Dec 13, 2007
  5. Dino M

    Guest

    Some DVD players have the "closed caption " feature so in your grandmas
    case she would be able to read the dialogue of the movie she is
    watching.If her DVD player does not have this feature I'm sure you could
    purchase a player that does at a reasonable price.
    , Dec 15, 2007