    expensive!

    Does anyone know of a company in the UK that sells something similar?
    Thanks.

    Paul Maskell, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Paul Maskell

    P Pron Guest

    Paul Maskell <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a chest of drawers to store some of my DVD's in.
    > I found a perfect unit at
    > http://www.mmdesign.com/cd-dvd-chests.htm but it's quite
    > expensive!
    >
    > Does anyone know of a company in the UK that sells something
    > similar?
    > Thanks.

    I'd be inclined to look around office equipment suppliers - my own
    preference is for drawers that let you store the discs spine-up,
    rather than end-up, so you can easily see what you've got - and I'm
    not keen on throwing the boxes away, as MMDesign seems to want you to
    do...

    I keep a lot of my CDs in an old medical records filing cabinet - 7
    shallow drawers in the same size shell as a standard 4-drawer filing
    cabinet - it's hardly cosmetic, but very practical... DVDs would also
    fit, spine up - two rows parallel to the drawer front, with a few
    'fillers' at right angles.

    paul

    P Pron, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Paul Maskell

    Genroo Guest

    "Paul Maskell" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a chest of drawers to store some of my DVD's in.
    > I found a perfect unit at http://www.mmdesign.com/cd-dvd-chests.htm but

    it's quite
    > expensive!
    >
    > Does anyone know of a company in the UK that sells something similar?
    > Thanks.

    Actually I used to use a bookcase to hold mine, but it wasn't really
    efficient so I decided to build my own. I bought a 4 x 8 x 3/4 board of
    maple, and that was more than enough to make something nine shelves high and
    three feet wide. It gives just enough space that a standard clamshell can
    swing out without hitting the top. I beleive it can hold about 650 standard
    cases, but I haven't really tested that. If you want the schematics and
    materials needed send me a reply.

    Genroo, Aug 7, 2004