    I know 1X in a CD means 150 KBps. What does it mean in DVD realm?

    Thanks
    Boomer

    Boomerang, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Boomerang

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > What does DVD speeds of 1X and 2X stand for?
    > I know 1X in a CD means 150 KBps. What does it mean in DVD realm?

    http://www.strathfield.com.au/glossary.asp?Index=D&glossid=110

    "This is the maximum speed at which the drive reads data from a DVD disc.
    The read speed determines the data transfer rate. For example a 2X drive
    provides a 2.7MB/sec maximum transfer rate; a 4.8X drive provides a
    6.536MB/sec rate; and a 5X drive provides a 6.74MB/sec rate"

    Colin Wilson, Feb 27, 2004

  3. "Boomerang" <> wrote in message
    > What does DVD speeds of 1X and 2X stand for?
    >
    > I know 1X in a CD means 150 KBps. What does it mean in DVD realm?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Boomer

    1350KB/s

    Anonymous Joe, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Boomerang wrote:

    > What does DVD speeds of 1X and 2X stand for?
    >
    > I know 1X in a CD means 150 KBps. What does it mean in DVD realm?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Boomer

    As I'm sure you noticed, DVD's read at 9x the rate of a standard CD. I
    guess the only other thing to add is that the approximate maximum is
    roughly 16X (equivalent to 144 speed cd-rom).

    Adiosm
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Mar 3, 2004
  5. X1=1385kb/s