    slow?

    thanks in advance

    Dave

    DaveB, Jun 10, 2004

  2. DaveB

    Kryptoknight Guest

    make sure your drive settings are using DMA (ultra DMA if possible) in your
    device manager. i've had in the past devices go into PIO mode, really slows
    crap down.

    can yor explain "read dvd", is that a copy of data, a rip of data, etc??

    "DaveB" <dave@brown9997.(NoSpam)freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Can anyone shed some light on this little problem I have......
    >
    > I've a MSI DR8-A dvd drive.......its an evil little piece of kit and I

    wish
    > i'd gotten something better...but thats another story.
    >
    > It was reading dvds fine, in about 15 minutes but now it only seems to

    read
    > at 1.1x and takes nearly an hour to read a whole dvd.
    >
    > Is there a setting that i might have altered that could make it start

    going

    Kryptoknight, Jun 10, 2004

  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    im reading "bought dvds" not copies,

    DMA is all on....but its still slow.....

    over an hour to burn a dvd.....

    what if i delete the drivers, reboot, and hopefully re-install drivers?

    Dave :(

    DaveB, Jun 11, 2004