    have an app that would be nice, but a free windows app would be
    better.

    Thanks for suggestions.
    thedockson, May 28, 2010

  2. thedockson

    chuckcar Guest

    thedockson <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or tomorrow and was
    > going to use 7zip to create dvd sized chunks of files from a 25 gig
    > folder, with thousand of files, but it wouldn't work, It would act
    > like it's working but nothing gets created.
    >
    > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be burned with
    > win7 and that gave errors of size.
    >
    > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files to be
    > burned to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the process is
    > finished.
    >
    > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a live cd would
    > have an app that would be nice, but a free windows app would be
    > better.
    >
    > Thanks for suggestions.

    What exactly are you planning to write these files to? you *might* get a
    5% reduction in size at most, just coppying the DVD's themselves is
    just as good. Certainly you won't waste any time compressing files that
    won't compress any more and dealing with running out of hard drive space
    - which almost certainly is your problem. The only thing you're saving here
    per DVD is the difference between the maximum capacity for a DVD - 4.3 GB
    (if not blue ray) and the actual average size of these movies.

    Most video and picture files *are* compressed. Any attempt to do more
    will just waste peoples time and processor usage. DVD's are mpeg2
    compression, jpeg's use lossy compression - more than you're ever likely
    to get any other way.

    If you want to use this wasted space, use winrar with no compression. You'll
    take less time, only lose at most 5% of compression and use all the disk
    space on each DVD. And make them close session disks too BTW. Open session
    disks are the most tempermental badly performing things in the entire
    computer field.
    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 29, 2010

  3. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    thedockson <> wrote in
    oups.com:

    > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or
    > tomorrow and was going to use 7zip to create dvd sized
    > chunks of files from a 25 gig folder, with thousand of
    > files, but it wouldn't work, It would act like it's working
    > but nothing gets created.
    >
    > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be
    > burned with win7 and that gave errors of size.
    >
    > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files
    > to be burned to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the
    > process is finished.
    >
    > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a
    > live cd would have an app that would be nice, but a free
    > windows app would be better.

    The first thing that you have to be aware of is the difference
    in the /claimed/ capacity and ACTUAL capacity. A 700MB CD-R
    actually holds up to 734,003 KB, possibly slightly more
    depending on manufacturer.

    I don't own a DVD burner so I have never looked into DVD
    "numbers", but doing the math should be easy. Once you do, you
    will see why you are getting errors.

    Personally, I would not attempt to have the program (ANY
    program) process 25 gigs and span several DVD's all in one
    session, while I'm sleeping. It MAY be possible, but so is
    getting a sex change. Not something I would like to experience
    the results of.

    Many things are better done MANUALLY, I don't trust most
    software to do /everything/ it claims to be able to do, let
    alone /correctly/. It rarely does.

    Re-organize the 25GB's. Divide into parts matching the capacity
    of your DVD's - but JUST IN CASE, divide your stuff into
    segments about 3-5% SMALLER. (Depending on material, compressing
    may end up almost the same size or in extreme cases actually ADD
    a few KB's here and there).

    Make a bunch of directories and subdirectories paying attention
    to sizes and amount of levels. Try to keep it simple and
    transparent.

    In my program, you just add directories (drag and drop) until
    you reach the capacity of the media. It may be the same in
    imgburn (see below).

    Make an ISO (UDF for DVD?) file and burn from THAT. Use quality
    media and a slow burn speed. Make sure you verify the burned
    disc.

    Repeat until done. (You probably won't get it done by tomorrow,
    BTW.)

    Also, 7-zip is a great format but I find the /program/ a little
    weird although is has some nice features. I prefer to use WinRAR
    which does 7-zip. Also, the gains in compression are not that
    significant. I would recommend sticking with zip or rar - but
    it's up to you.

    Also, depending on what format the files are, compressing may be
    a waste of time - .jpg files for instance barely compress. while
    ..doc files compress a LOT.

    Anyway, it is your burning software (or a program like WinImage)
    that can create the ISO/UDF files needed to properly burn a disc
    - any good burning software can /burn/ the discs.

    A program I don't use (I bought CDRWin from Goldenhawk so I am
    not trying any new free programs, I have made my investment and
    I am very happy with it) but which is supposed to be very good
    is imgburn. Free.

    www.imgburn.com

    --
    Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
    as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas
    thanatoid, May 29, 2010
  4. thedockson

    thedockson Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > thedockson <> wrote in
    > oups.com:
    >
    > > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or
    > > tomorrow and was going to use 7zip to create dvd sized
    > > chunks of files from a 25 gig folder, with thousand of
    > > files, but it wouldn't work, It would act like it's working
    > > but nothing gets created.
    > >
    > > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be
    > > burned with win7 and that gave errors of size.
    > >
    > > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files
    > > to be burned to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the
    > > process is finished.
    > >
    > > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a
    > > live cd would have an app that would be nice, but a free
    > > windows app would be better.

    > The first thing that you have to be aware of is the difference
    > in the /claimed/ capacity and ACTUAL capacity. A 700MB CD-R
    > actually holds up to 734,003 KB, possibly slightly more
    > depending on manufacturer.
    >
    > I don't own a DVD burner so I have never looked into DVD
    > "numbers", but doing the math should be easy. Once you do, you
    > will see why you are getting errors.
    >
    > Personally, I would not attempt to have the program (ANY
    > program) process 25 gigs and span several DVD's all in one
    > session, while I'm sleeping. It MAY be possible, but so is
    > getting a sex change. Not something I would like to experience
    > the results of.
    >
    > Many things are better done MANUALLY, I don't trust most
    > software to do /everything/ it claims to be able to do, let
    > alone /correctly/. It rarely does.
    >
    > Re-organize the 25GB's. Divide into parts matching the capacity
    > of your DVD's - but JUST IN CASE, divide your stuff into
    > segments about 3-5% SMALLER. (Depending on material, compressing
    > may end up almost the same size or in extreme cases actually ADD
    > a few KB's here and there).
    >
    > Make a bunch of directories and subdirectories paying attention
    > to sizes and amount of levels. Try to keep it simple and
    > transparent.
    >
    > In my program, you just add directories (drag and drop) until
    > you reach the capacity of the media. It may be the same in
    > imgburn (see below).
    >
    > Make an ISO (UDF for DVD?) file and burn from THAT. Use quality
    > media and a slow burn speed. Make sure you verify the burned
    > disc.
    >
    > Repeat until done. (You probably won't get it done by tomorrow,
    > BTW.)
    >
    > Also, 7-zip is a great format but I find the /program/ a little
    > weird although is has some nice features. I prefer to use WinRAR
    > which does 7-zip. Also, the gains in compression are not that
    > significant. I would recommend sticking with zip or rar - but
    > it's up to you.

    Yea I use 7zip for the aes encryption, it just didn't split the files
    into DVD sized parts. Maybe I will just use a splitter type program.
    Was just hoping to find a semi-automated one that burns also.

    > Also, depending on what format the files are, compressing may be
    > a waste of time - .jpg files for instance barely compress. while
    > .doc files compress a LOT.

    Yea these are thousands of zip files.

    > Anyway, it is your burning software (or a program like WinImage)
    > that can create the ISO/UDF files needed to properly burn a disc
    > - any good burning software can /burn/ the discs.

    I want to keep it simple in case the person isn't technically
    inclined.

    > A program I don't use (I bought CDRWin from Goldenhawk so I am
    > not trying any new free programs, I have made my investment and
    > I am very happy with it) but which is supposed to be very good
    > is imgburn. Free.
    >
    > www.imgburn.com

    I have burned thousands of cds, but I have win7 now and not quite sure
    if a few things are bugs or intended to be features, laugh laugh
    laugh.
    thedockson, May 29, 2010
  5. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    thedockson <> wrote in
    oups.com:

    <SNIP>

    > Yea I use 7zip for the aes encryption, it just didn't split
    > the files into DVD sized parts. Maybe I will just use a
    > splitter type program. Was just hoping to find a
    > semi-automated one that burns also.

    They do exist - imgburn may well be able to do it. AAMOF I think
    MY program does it (I just never had the need, also, I prefer
    the manual approach), but you still have to wake up to put in
    the next disc!

    Also, you can encrypt the files using a stand-alone encryption
    program and THEN compress (or just make and burn the ISO). Or
    use ANOTHER compressor with encryption. But I believe in one
    best tool for each job, so I would do all these things
    separately.

    >> Also, depending on what format the files are, compressing
    >> may be a waste of time - .jpg files for instance barely
    >> compress. while .doc files compress a LOT.

    > Yea these are thousands of zip files.

    Well... it's a little obvious isn't it? Compressing a zip file
    isn't going to give you /anything/. I tried it once out of
    curiosity. IIRC it was either 0 or .05% added compression - MAY
    have in fact made a LARGER file since the new compression info
    has to go SOMEWHERE.

    >> Anyway, it is your burning software (or a program like
    >> WinImage) that can create the ISO/UDF files needed to
    >> properly burn a disc - any good burning software can
    >> /burn/ the discs.

    > I want to keep it simple in case the person isn't
    > technically inclined.

    Exactly. But for a p. who i.t.i., /YOU/ have to make it simple,
    which means you may have to do some /complicated/ stuff. Isn't
    it great how that works?

    >> A program I don't use (I bought CDRWin from Goldenhawk so
    >> I am not trying any new free programs, I have made my
    >> investment and I am very happy with it) but which is
    >> supposed to be very good is imgburn. Free.
    >>
    >> www.imgburn.com
    >>

    > I have burned thousands of cds, but I have win7 now and not
    > quite sure if a few things are bugs or intended to be
    > features, laugh laugh laugh.

    Bugs and features are synonymous in Microsoft's reality. IMO, no
    MS OS is actually usable until after it has been declared no
    longer supported. That means they have stopped fucking around
    with it and all good software for it (ie not made by MS - I use
    NO MS software except the heavily-tweaked OS) should /finally/
    work right.

    Get a crucifix sprinkled with some holy water or even better,
    upgrade to 98SELite (which is what I use with NO problems of ANY
    kind) or at least XP.

    CDRWin is free but only at 1x speed. You just drag'n'drop until
    it tells you "no more" (actually it's a line graph indicating
    amt. of material selected Vs. media capacity).

    It's not going to hurt anything to burn at 1x, but it will take
    some time. So you can use that.
    But try imgburn (free at all speeds - which does not mean you
    should burn at fast speeds) first, it is said to combine the
    best of CDRWin with the best of some other supposedly great
    burning program the name of which I do not recall.

    thanatoid, May 29, 2010
  6. thedockson

    Tony Guest

    I'd try this newsgroup alt.comp.periphs.cdr and ask for Sam Hong.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, May 29, 2010
  7. On 29/05/2010 6:56 AM, thedockson wrote:
    > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or tomorrow and was
    > going to use 7zip to create dvd sized chunks of files from a 25 gig
    > folder, with thousand of files, but it wouldn't work, It would act
    > like it's working but nothing gets created.
    >
    > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be burned with
    > win7 and that gave errors of size.
    >
    > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files to be
    > burned to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the process is
    > finished.
    >
    > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a live cd would
    > have an app that would be nice, but a free windows app would be
    > better.
    >
    > Thanks for suggestions.

    SizeMe
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SizeMe.shtml
    http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/SizeMe-Screenshot-24703.html
    http://lars.werner.no/wordpress/?page_id=2
    http://lars.werner.no/?p=34
    SizeMe makes it possible to scan a directory and compare it to how many
    floppy/zip/CD-R/DVD-discs you need. (Many calls it spanning or span of
    elements over a medium). It tries to fill each disc up as much as
    possible, and gives you the result on each disc.

    cd_create
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/cd-create.shtml
    http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/cd-create-Screenshot-76951.html
    http://abi.e-arroyo.net/projects/edc/
    cd_create is a software that will allow users to easily burn CD/DVD media.
    What makes this project different than all of the other media burning
    programs? Well, cd_create is written in Java. In hindsight, it would
    have been much easier if I would have written it in bash or perl, but I
    didn't. I was also attracted to the idea of portability, but that turned
    out to be a bit of a headache sometimes...
    Here are some key features of "cd create":
    · Media spanning
    John Matthews, May 29, 2010
  8. thedockson

    rich Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2010 15:56:42 -0700, thedockson wrote:

    > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or tomorrow and was
    > going to use 7zip to create dvd sized chunks of files from a 25 gig
    > folder, with thousand of files, but it wouldn't work, It would act like
    > it's working but nothing gets created.
    >
    > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be burned with win7
    > and that gave errors of size.
    >
    > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files to be burned
    > to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the process is finished.
    >
    > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a live cd would
    > have an app that would be nice, but a free windows app would be better.
    >
    > Thanks for suggestions.

    If you want to use a regular archive application I think you will have to
    separate the archive creation from the burning process as you have been
    trying with 7zip.

    Along the same lines you could try Peazip, although it
    "chunks" (backup.zip.001 ...backup.zip.002 etc) the archive same a 7zip
    so it might not work either. 7zip should work and possibly lack of memory
    or free disk space is stopping the process.
    http://peazip.sourceforge.net/
    It does have presets for common sizes and a portable version you could
    give to your client for unpacking.

    Otherwise a regular backup application, haven't tried this but it is free.
    http://www.acebackup.com/

    IMHO the more complicated you make things the more chance of something
    going wrong. I would be very tempted to select and burn the files
    straight to dvd(s). Most burning applications will tell you how full the
    disk is going to be and dvd media is cheap.

    There are a few things in linux,
    luckybackup http://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/
    and dkopp http://kornelix.squarespace.com/dkopp/

    but by the time you figure out 'howto' you could have the job done in
    windows as a straight copy.

    --
    rich
    rich, May 29, 2010
  9. thedockson

    Onno Voors Guest

    rich <> wrote in news:Rx4Mn.2$2:

    > IMHO the more complicated you make things the more chance of something
    > going wrong. I would be very tempted to select and burn the files
    > straight to dvd(s)

    That would be my advice too. This would also avoid the need to copy the
    split archives from all dvd's to hard disk in order to extract them.

    --
    Onno Voors
    Onno Voors, May 29, 2010
  10. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    Andy <nospam@> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > FFS - just buy a 32GB thumb drive, copy the files to it and
    > save yourself a day of fucking around.

    Excellent suggestion.

    >> The first thing that you have to be aware of is the
    >> difference in the /claimed/ capacity and ACTUAL capacity.
    >> A 700MB CD-R actually holds up to 734,003 KB, possibly
    >> slightly more depending on manufacturer.
    >>
    >> I don't own a DVD burner so I have never looked into DVD
    >> "numbers",

    > Not into 'cutting edge' technology, eh?

    DVD is hardly "cutting edge". I own 2 DVD players which I only
    use to play MP3's on.

    I never felt the need to use DVD's in computing. Perhaps once
    Blu-Ray passes the test of a longer period of time, and the
    CD/DVD/BR burners come down in price, I may venture there. There
    is something to be said about having 1 disc instead of 40 or 45,
    but 1 instead of 6 or 7 never /really/ seemed worth the bother.

    BTW, I do not own a single USB device either!

    thanatoid, May 29, 2010
  11. thedockson

    Tony Guest

    Or buy a blu-ray burner and some blanks that are 50 gigabytes apiece. If
    the other sap doesn't have a blu-ray reader well at least the person
    burning them should impress the client.

    Tony, May 29, 2010
  12. thedockson

    thedockson Guest

    John Matthews wrote:
    > On 29/05/2010 6:56 AM, thedockson wrote:
    > > Hello, I have to give some dvds to a client later or tomorrow and was
    > > going to use 7zip to create dvd sized chunks of files from a 25 gig
    > > folder, with thousand of files, but it wouldn't work, It would act
    > > like it's working but nothing gets created.
    > >
    > > Tried to just highlight approx dvd size of files to be burned with
    > > win7 and that gave errors of size.
    > >
    > > So I need a dvd program that will automatically size files to be
    > > burned to dvd and prompt for the next dvd until the process is
    > > finished.
    > >
    > > A linux app would be doable if I installed linux or if a live cd would
    > > have an app that would be nice, but a free windows app would be
    > > better.
    > >
    > > Thanks for suggestions.

    > SizeMe
    > http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SizeMe.shtml
    > http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/SizeMe-Screenshot-24703.html
    > http://lars.werner.no/wordpress/?page_id=2
    > http://lars.werner.no/?p=34
    > SizeMe makes it possible to scan a directory and compare it to how many
    > floppy/zip/CD-R/DVD-discs you need. (Many calls it spanning or span of
    > elements over a medium). It tries to fill each disc up as much as
    > possible, and gives you the result on each disc.

    Hi John, sizeme I did run across but was wanting a 'do everything for
    me app' but installed that. Pretty functional while being simple. I
    navigated to the folder I created and selected as the output. and was
    able to right click and use the native win7 burner, it worked but for
    some reason it seemed to be missing files in the output while
    reporting what the actual size should be. Maybe it's me or my windows
    install in the end.

    > cd_create
    > http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/cd-create.shtml
    > http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/cd-create-Screenshot-76951.html
    > http://abi.e-arroyo.net/projects/edc/
    > cd_create is a software that will allow users to easily burn CD/DVD media..
    > What makes this project different than all of the other media burning
    > programs? Well, cd_create is written in Java. In hindsight, it would
    > have been much easier if I would have written it in bash or perl, but I
    > didn't. I was also attracted to the idea of portability, but that turned
    > out to be a bit of a headache sometimes...
    > Here are some key features of "cd create":
    > � Media spanning

    cdcreate looks easy to burn cd/dvds, while organizing space to burn on-
    the-fly, but it didn't recognize my dvd drive.

    Not saying there is anything wrong with these software's, it is
    definitely on my side somewhere.

    Thanks for the suggestions.
    thedockson, May 30, 2010
  13. thedockson

    Barry Guest

    On Sat, 29 May 2010 01:15:11 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    <> wrote:

    >thedockson <> wrote in
    >oups.com:
    >
    ><SNIP>
    >
    >> Yea I use 7zip for the aes encryption, it just didn't split
    >> the files into DVD sized parts. Maybe I will just use a
    >> splitter type program. Was just hoping to find a
    >> semi-automated one that burns also.

    >They do exist - imgburn may well be able to do it. AAMOF I think
    >MY program does it (I just never had the need, also, I prefer
    >the manual approach), but you still have to wake up to put in
    >the next disc!

    That's a very good point. I have a Centurion DiskHub which is a disk
    storage unit with a built in DVD burner. It could load a disk into the
    drive and back to the carousel under software control but I don't know
    if suitable software exists.
    Barry, Jun 2, 2010
  14. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    Barry <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 29 May 2010 01:15:11 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>thedockson <> wrote in
    >>gr oups.com:
    >>
    >><SNIP>
    >>
    >>> Yea I use 7zip for the aes encryption, it just didn't
    >>> split the files into DVD sized parts. Maybe I will just
    >>> use a splitter type program. Was just hoping to find a
    >>> semi-automated one that burns also.

    >>They do exist - imgburn may well be able to do it. AAMOF I
    >>think MY program does it (I just never had the need, also,
    >>I prefer the manual approach), but you still have to wake
    >>up to put in the next disc!

    > That's a very good point. I have a Centurion DiskHub which
    > is a disk storage unit with a built in DVD burner. It could
    > load a disk into the drive and back to the carousel under
    > software control but I don't know if suitable software
    > exists.

    If they made the unit, it would be strange (although not unheard
    of) that there would be NO software. Didn't you get the software
    with the unit? Anyway... IF it exists, Google should help... Or
    the manuf. website.

    Here, various software packages below. I can't believe at least
    SOME did not come WITH the unit:

    http://www.centurion-cd.com/e-shop

    Personally, I would still do it manually... Nice toy, though, if
    you can afford it.

    thanatoid, Jun 2, 2010
  15. thedockson

    Barry Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:51:03 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    <> wrote:

    >Barry <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 May 2010 01:15:11 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>thedockson <> wrote in
    >>>gr oups.com:
    >>>
    >>><SNIP>

    >>>They do exist - imgburn may well be able to do it. AAMOF I
    >>>think MY program does it (I just never had the need, also,
    >>>I prefer the manual approach), but you still have to wake
    >>>up to put in the next disc!

    >> That's a very good point. I have a Centurion DiskHub which
    >> is a disk storage unit with a built in DVD burner. It could
    >> load a disk into the drive and back to the carousel under
    >> software control but I don't know if suitable software
    >> exists.

    >If they made the unit, it would be strange (although not unheard
    >of) that there would be NO software. Didn't you get the software
    >with the unit? Anyway... IF it exists, Google should help... Or
    >the manuf. website.

    I downloaded free software from the manufacturer's site which
    allows me to perform those functions but I don't know if it can
    be controlled by another program.

    Barry, Jun 4, 2010
  16. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    Barry <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >>If they made the unit, it would be strange (although not
    >>unheard of) that there would be NO software. Didn't you get
    >>the software with the unit? Anyway... IF it exists, Google
    >>should help... Or the manuf. website.

    > I downloaded free software from the manufacturer's site
    > which allows me to perform those functions but I don't know
    > if it can be controlled by another program.

    Ah... there it does get a little complicated... Know any
    programmers? I have seen MANY websites of indiv. software
    authors who offer to write custom software for you.

    Depending on how lazy ;-] you are it might by worth looking
    into... Software is a LOT easier to write these days...
    Something like you need shouldn't be very much work.

    thanatoid, Jun 4, 2010
  17. thedockson

    Barry Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 09:05:45 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    <> wrote:

    >Barry <> wrote in
    >
    ><SNIP>
    >
    >>>If they made the unit, it would be strange (although not
    >>>unheard of) that there would be NO software. Didn't you get
    >>>the software with the unit? Anyway... IF it exists, Google
    >>>should help... Or the manuf. website.

    >> I downloaded free software from the manufacturer's site
    >> which allows me to perform those functions but I don't know
    >> if it can be controlled by another program.

    >Ah... there it does get a little complicated... Know any
    >programmers? I have seen MANY websites of indiv. software
    >authors who offer to write custom software for you.
    >
    >Depending on how lazy ;-] you are it might by worth looking
    >into... Software is a LOT easier to write these days...
    >Something like you need shouldn't be very much work.

    I bought mine from an online auction and it is not reliable.
    Sometimes it does not put the disk fully into the carousel
    for example, so I could not leave it to work unattended.

    Barry, Jun 8, 2010
  18. thedockson

    thanatoid Guest

    Barry <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > I bought mine from an online auction and it is not reliable.
    > Sometimes it does not put the disk fully into the carousel
    > for example, so I could not leave it to work unattended.

    Aaah.. That explains a few things. Oh well, good luck. At worst,
    it's a snazzy-looking storage unit for discs.

    thanatoid, Jun 8, 2010