    all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.

    Please think twice before placing a order with this company

    John Carver

    Juan C. Rodriguez, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Juan C. Rodriguez

    Ron Guest

    "Juan C. Rodriguez" <> wrote in message
    news:enF1c.8823$...

    > I want to allert group readers of my experience with DVD Soon of Canada

    Dude, I've ordered several hundred DVDs from these guys over the past 3 or
    4 years. Their service has gotten consistently better. I've never been
    screwed by
    them. They have always delivered. They are slow sometimes but their prices
    are
    amongst the cheapest. I have several thousand DVDs and so does my father.
    Most were ordered from either DVDSoon or DeepDiscountDVD. My two
    favorite places.

    > On December 18th I placed a order based on the price found in DVD Price
    > search. I waited and waited aaaamd no DVD. I finally called and was told
    > that the DVD was on BO and there wwas no ETA on the product. I also found
    > that unlike other sights DVD Soon had charged me from the moment I placed
    > the order so if I was to cancel the order I would have to wait 21 days

    from
    > cancellation to receive my refund. I have sent several E mails and they
    > all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.

    All of this is true. If you wanted the movie immediately, you're gonna hafta
    pay more. They charge immediately because of the exchange rates. This is
    all stated on their website. It was worse a few years ago. It was almost
    impossible
    to get a credit back then. They usually gave you store credit to use on
    another
    movie. Now at least, you can get your money back and you can cancel an order
    online. I hafta call up to cancel an order at DeepDiscountDVD, they don't
    have any
    way to cancel online.

    I know this is frustrating for you. I have had the same thing happen to me.
    However,
    I eventually did get my order and then I was happy I paid so little for it.
    Heres some contact info for them. I've called them before and never had a
    problem they didn't fix.

    Tel.: (450) 449-5DVD (5383)
    Toll Free (Canada/United States): 1-888-983-SOON (7666)
    Fax: (514) 221-2163
    Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET (GMT -5h)

    > Please think twice before placing a order with this company

    In other words, read their policies before ordering. They have always come
    through
    for me. Like I said before, if you want it fast, its gonna cost you more. If
    you can wait,
    DVDSoon is a great place to order stuff. An no I don't work for them.

    Ron

    Ron, Mar 4, 2004

  3. On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:36:06 -0500, "Juan C. Rodriguez"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to allert group readers of my experience with DVD Soon of Canada
    >
    >On December 18th I placed a order based on the price found in DVD Price
    >search. I waited and waited aaaamd no DVD. I finally called and was told
    >that the DVD was on BO and there wwas no ETA on the product. I also found
    >that unlike other sights DVD Soon had charged me from the moment I placed
    >the order so if I was to cancell the order I would have to wait 21 days from
    >cancellation to receive my refund. I have sent several E mails and they
    >all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.
    >
    >Please think twice before placing a order with this company

    That is their stated policy, right there on the signup page. You
    approve it before the account is created. It's not something "hidden".

    If an order is cancelled the credit goes into your account and can
    immediately be used for another item. You only need to get the credit
    card refund if you no longer intend to order anything from them. I
    did ask for one refund, because it was a rather large order that was
    cancelled, and the refund came through on the next card, as promised.

    I've orderd over a hundred discs from them, and delivery has always
    been quick, even to the point of splitting an order that contains a
    Back Order, with no extra shipping charges, and the prices are among
    the best. I deal with some seven online retailers, and while DVDsoon
    doesn't always have the disc I want, they remain my favourite seller.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 4, 2004
  4. Juan C. Rodriguez

    Meng Guest

    > Dude, I've ordered several hundred DVDs from these guys over the past 3 or
    > 4 years. Their service has gotten consistently better. I've never been
    > screwed by
    > them. They have always delivered. They are slow sometimes but their prices
    > are
    > amongst the cheapest.

    Same here. They're still not charging for postage either.

    Meng, Mar 4, 2004
  5. All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .

    I placed an order on 12/18. I was not notified when I placed the order
    that the Item was "pending" . I waited until 01/18 to allow them time to
    ship it and it was then that I learned that the item was not in stock and
    "pending" I felt that this was to long to wait so I cancelled the order and
    I filled out the forms for a credit on 01/18 and on 02/18 I still did not
    have the refund. This was 30days later. This was not good service, period.
    On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD ,
    Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.
    AND,If an item was out of stock I was sent E mails by these companys
    letting me know that status of my order, this was not done by DVD Soon.This
    is not good service. This is not the first order I have done by mail I
    have ordered Laserdiscs and DVDs by Mail for years and have never had a
    problem with a order before.

    I am happy that everyone has had positive expeiences with DVD Soon and hope
    they continue. My single experience left me with a very bad feeling for DVD
    Soon and it is this that I intended to share with the other people who rely
    on
    this news group for information

    regards
    John Carver
    Hollywood Fla

    Juan C. Rodriguez, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Juan C. Rodriguez

    Justin Guest

    Juan C. Rodriguez wrote on [Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:36:30 -0500]:

    > All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .
    >
    > On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD ,
    > Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

    This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
    charge when you order, not when it ships.

    > AND,If an item was out of stock I was sent E mails by these companys
    > letting me know that status of my order, this was not done by DVD Soon.This
    > is not good service. This is not the first order I have done by mail I
    > have ordered Laserdiscs and DVDs by Mail for years and have never had a
    > problem with a order before.

    Are you sure your SPAM filters didn't catch this email from them?

    Justin, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Juan C. Rodriguez

    Mark Jones Guest

    ,
    > > Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

    > This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
    > charge when you order, not when it ships.

    That is a good reason to never consider buying from them.

    Mark Jones, Mar 5, 2004
  8. On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 04:41:19 GMT, "Mark Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Juan C. Rodriguez wrote on [Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:36:30 -0500]:
    >> >
    >> > All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .
    >> >
    >> > On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD

    >,
    >> > Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

    >> This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
    >> charge when you order, not when it ships.

    >That is a good reason to never consider buying from them.

    That they have money in advance means they can pay their suppliers
    sooner and have fewer credit carryng charges. This translates into
    lower prices. I don't mind paying for an order at a predictable time
    when I know I can afford it and the credit is available. Once or
    twice a delayed order has gone through from Amazon at a bad time,
    maxing out the credit card.

    Obviously Mark you haven't used DVDsoon, otherwise you wouldn't
    consider this an issue.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 5, 2004