    Please pass this question onto someone with the authority to give a
    sensible and useful answer, not the usual brush-off which unfortunately
    seems to be your normal style nowadays.
    anthony, Jul 6, 2005

  2. anthony

    Daver Guest

    Flagged DVDSoon for last order as the price ended up being only 10-15
    dollars more at Amazon. But the big diff was it was shipped within 8hrs of
    the order being entered, something that never happened with DVD Soon.

    Daver, Jul 6, 2005

  3. anthony

    Bratboy Guest

    After my Team America Pre-Order Im planning on not visiting DVDSoon for a
    bit. Preordered the DVD several weeks before release and then they had to
    wait for supplier so it took approx 2-3 weeks AFTER release before they had
    any to ship.

    Bratboy, Jul 6, 2005
  4. anthony

    Vincent Guest

    Thats not too bad, my Miami Vice boxset was pre ordered in Feb, i only got
    it about 2 weeks ago...

    Vincent, Jul 6, 2005
  5. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    While I've always got shipmens from DVD Soon within 2 weeks, I have had a
    problem once or twice with the "in stock... or is it?" thing.

    But I've just found myself using DVDPacific more and more anyway. In the
    last few cases for things I've wanted it was cheaper... AFTER I check to
    make sure Happyhunter is reporting the right amount for DVD soon - often
    they show a lower price but when you get to the site it's more.

    So yeah... DVDPacific, you rock. DVD Soon never really pissed me off, I was
    very happy with them 99% of the time, but now they're just losing out due to
    poor decisions and wishy-washyness.

    LH
    Luke Hooft, Jul 6, 2005
  6. anthony

    Koenig Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > DVDSoon is up to its usual tricks. Got to admit I've never had a
    > shipment go missing, from Canada to Australia. But the wait is
    > interminable.
    > Trouble is, we have to persevere with DVDSoon as it's the only supplier
    > to regularly offer free shipment to Australia.....
    > Here's a copy of an email I just sent them. It'll be interesting to see
    > what sort of answer I get, if any....
    >
    > Can you tell me when you will have stock, and be able to ship, my order
    > number 168677, the Gary Cooper Collection.
    > I paid for this as a pre-order, in May.
    > Please do not send an automated answer saying orders can take 4 or 5
    > weeks. This was a pre-order, and it's taken that long already.
    > Pre-orders SHOULD BE GIVEN PRECEDENCE or else why bother paying so far
    > in advance?
    > Please pass this question onto someone with the authority to give a
    > sensible and useful answer, not the usual brush-off which unfortunately
    > seems to be your normal style nowadays.

    No wonder you are getting no reply - that is extremely rude.

    The funny thing is you probably don't think it's rude at all.

    Koenig, Jul 7, 2005
  7. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Hi Koenig
    No, my question was not very rude .... since it followed an earlier
    very politely worded question framed in the most civilised way
    possible, just a week earlier. That question was answered by an
    automated reply saying 'we have contacted our suppliers but it can take
    four to six weeks after ordering a title for our supplier to send it to
    us'. That's not good enough for when a title has been ordered well
    ahead of release date.........
    My question was terse, not rude .... in the hope of eliciting a human
    answer.
    anthony, Jul 7, 2005
  8. anthony

    Koenig Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Koenig
    > No, my question was not very rude .... since it followed an earlier
    > very politely worded question framed in the most civilised way
    > possible, just a week earlier. That question was answered by an
    > automated reply saying 'we have contacted our suppliers but it can take
    > four to six weeks after ordering a title for our supplier to send it to
    > us'. That's not good enough for when a title has been ordered well
    > ahead of release date.........
    > My question was terse, not rude .... in the hope of eliciting a human
    > answer.

    That you didn't like their answer and was impatient about receiving your
    DVDs is not an excuse to send a rude follow-up.

    Not defending DVD Soon - but they obviously didn't have enough stock of the
    particular title you were after. Having got something on pre-order is
    useless if you are the 301st person in line for 300 copies.
    Koenig, Jul 7, 2005
  9. anthony

    Stan Brown Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:33:29 GMT, "Koenig"
    <> wrote:

    >Not defending DVD Soon - but they obviously didn't have enough stock of the
    >particular title you were after. Having got something on pre-order is
    >useless if you are the 301st person in line for 300 copies.

    If that's _not_ defending DVD Soon I can't imagine what defending
    DVD Soon would look like.

    It was a pre-order. The company benefits by knowing how many copies
    it needs; if there are 301 pre-orders then there should be >=301
    copies acquired, or else an explanation and apology to the
    customers.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Jul 7, 2005
  10. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Yes, it was most certainly a reasonable excuse for sending what was
    not, in any way, a rude question. Terse, not rude. There is a
    difference.
    anthony, Jul 8, 2005
  11. anthony

    TB Guest

    "Koenig" wrote:

    > That you didn't like their answer and was impatient about receiving your
    > DVDs is not an excuse to send a rude follow-up.
    >
    > Not defending DVD Soon - but they obviously didn't have enough stock of
    > the
    > particular title you were after. Having got something on pre-order is
    > useless if you are the 301st person in line for 300 copies.

    No offense, but the original poster's email was perfectly worded and
    something I wouldn't consider as "rude" considering the situation. And it's
    also reasonable to expect that if a business solicites preorders, they
    should know well enough to order the amount of items to cover those
    preorders in advance from their distributor. I wouldn't do business with
    such a company based on what I've read.

    T.B.
    TB, Jul 8, 2005