    A String Guest

    A freind of mine is going to buy a DVD burner. He would like to make back
    up copies of his DVDs. Can anyone recomend the best program for doing this?

    A String, Aug 28, 2004

  2. A String

    burris Guest

    A String wrote:

    > A freind of mine is going to buy a DVD burner. He would like to make back
    > up copies of his DVDs. Can anyone recomend the best program for doing this?

    I think this should fill you in....

    --------

    Here's info on how to copy DVD's from the Original DVD. DVD Shrink decrypts
    most encrypted DVD's and compresses the DVD. This will leave a copy of the
    movie wherever you saved it to. It will be decrypted and compressed to the
    size of a standard DVD in anticipation of the next step. It is free and you
    can get it here: http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php. Then just copy to
    DVD with whatever copy program came with your DVD recorder to your blank
    DVD. You may want to make sure that the type DVD/media you use will also
    work with your standalone DVD player. For more information you may want to
    go to this site: http://www.videohelp.com/. Also there is DVD Decrypter for
    any DVD's that DVD Shrink may not be able to decrypt. It is also free.
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com. You may skip this next step or you may want to
    be able to remove some more stuff. "With Title Set Blanker you can
    blank-out Title Sets of a DVD. This can help to remove copyright messages,
    trailers and other ugly stuff." It's free and you get it here:
    http://shh.sysh.de. To help with labeling the DVD's here are a couple of
    places that have quite a few scanned DVD's labels and DVD covers, these too,
    of coarse, are free: http://daprogger.mine.nu/ and
    http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php.

    burris, Aug 28, 2004

  3. A String

    A String Guest

    Hey thanks for the quick reply and fantastic info!

    A String, Aug 28, 2004
  4. A String

    °Mike° Guest

    <Inline>

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:18:57 -0400, in
    <NR4Yc.52097$>
    burris scrawled:

    >A String wrote:
    >
    >> A freind of mine is going to buy a DVD burner. He would like to make back
    >> up copies of his DVDs. Can anyone recomend the best program for doing this?
    >>

    >I think this should fill you in....

    You could at least provide a link, or give credit for the copied text.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004
  5. A String

    burris Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > <Inline>
    >
    > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:18:57 -0400, in
    > <NR4Yc.52097$>
    > burris scrawled:
    >
    >>A String wrote:
    >>
    >>> A freind of mine is going to buy a DVD burner. He would like to make back
    >>> up copies of his DVDs. Can anyone recomend the best program for doing this?
    >>>

    >>I think this should fill you in....

    > You could at least provide a link, or give credit for the copied text.
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    >

    >>--------
    >>

    >>Here's info on how to copy DVD's from the Original DVD. DVD Shrink decrypts
    >>most encrypted DVD's and compresses the DVD. This will leave a copy of the
    >>movie wherever you saved it to. It will be decrypted and compressed to the
    >>size of a standard DVD in anticipation of the next step. It is free and you
    >>can get it here: http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php. Then just copy to
    >>DVD with whatever copy program came with your DVD recorder to your blank
    >>DVD. You may want to make sure that the type DVD/media you use will also
    >>work with your standalone DVD player. For more information you may want to
    >>go to this site: http://www.videohelp.com/. Also there is DVD Decrypter for
    >>any DVD's that DVD Shrink may not be able to decrypt. It is also free.
    >>http://www.dvddecrypter.com. You may skip this next step or you may want to
    >>be able to remove some more stuff. "With Title Set Blanker you can
    >>blank-out Title Sets of a DVD. This can help to remove copyright messages,
    >>trailers and other ugly stuff." It's free and you get it here:
    >>http://shh.sysh.de. To help with labeling the DVD's here are a couple of
    >>places that have quite a few scanned DVD's labels and DVD covers, these too,
    >>of coarse, are free: http://daprogger.mine.nu/ and
    >>http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php.

    No subterfuge here....

    This was sent to me last week and I thought it would be helpful to pass on.

    burris, Aug 28, 2004
  6. A String

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:52:22 -0400, in
    <ff6Yc.53084$>
    burris scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> <Inline>
    >>
    >> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:18:57 -0400, in
    >> <NR4Yc.52097$>
    >> burris scrawled:

    >>>I think this should fill you in....

    >> You could at least provide a link, or give credit for the copied text.
    >> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    <snip>

    >No subterfuge here....
    >
    >This was sent to me last week and I thought it would be helpful to pass on.

    I never suggested any subterfuge, but it is *always* best
    to quote your source when copy/pasting, so that there
    is no ambiguity as to the origin of the words, and credit
    is given where credit is due.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004
  7. A String

    burris Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:52:22 -0400, in
    > <ff6Yc.53084$>
    > burris scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> <Inline>
    >>>
    >>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:18:57 -0400, in
    >>> <NR4Yc.52097$>
    >>> burris scrawled:

    >>> You could at least provide a link, or give credit for the copied text.
    >>> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    > <snip>
    >
    >>No subterfuge here....
    >>
    >>This was sent to me last week and I thought it would be helpful to pass on.

    > I never suggested any subterfuge, but it is *always* best
    > to quote your source when copy/pasting, so that there
    > is no ambiguity as to the origin of the words, and credit
    > is given where credit is due.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but are you saying that I or anyone for that
    matter, needs to do a search on every piece of information that crosses
    our paths in order to confirm the author?

    burris, Aug 29, 2004
  8. A String

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:24:18 -0400, in
    <t6bYc.55435$>
    burris scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:52:22 -0400, in
    >> <ff6Yc.53084$>
    >> burris scrawled:

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>No subterfuge here....
    >>>
    >>>This was sent to me last week and I thought it would be helpful to pass on.

    >> I never suggested any subterfuge, but it is *always* best
    >> to quote your source when copy/pasting, so that there
    >> is no ambiguity as to the origin of the words, and credit
    >> is given where credit is due.
    >>

    >Not to beat a dead horse, but are you saying that I or anyone for that
    >matter, needs to do a search on every piece of information that crosses
    >our paths in order to confirm the author?

    If you copy/paste, you SHOULD know who the author is.
    If you don't, say so in your post. That way, nobody gets
    the idea that they are YOUR words.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 29, 2004
  9. A String

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > If you copy/paste, you SHOULD know who the author is.
    > If you don't, say so in your post. That way, nobody gets
    > the idea that they are YOUR words.

    hmm, i often wondered who coined the expression "**** you asshole"
    text in quote by unknown author...

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Aug 29, 2004
  10. A String

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 29, 2004
  11. A String

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:31:18 GMT, in
    > <a6cYc.2867$>
    > 127.0.0.1 scrawled:
    >
    > >hmm, i often wondered

    > Was it painful?

    forgot to mention, that wasn't meant to be spitefull... forgot the smiley's

    -a|ex ";^P

    127.0.0.1, Aug 29, 2004