    Is that possible ? Which dvd playing software should I use ? How do
    you burn such a dvd ?
    , May 4, 2007

  2. Impmon Guest

    On 3 May 2007 20:52:38 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Let's say I want to burn a dvd , and instead of installing the codecs
    >on the windows xp machine so that Windows Media 9,10, or 11 can play
    >it, I just include a dvd player on the dvd with the vob files so when
    >dvd is inserted into the drive you can use the player on that dvd to
    >play the dvd files also on the same dvd.
    >
    >Is that possible ?

    Yes

    >Which dvd playing software should I use ?

    Depends on how much you are willing to pay.

    >How do you burn such a dvd ?

    www.videohelp.com should be a good place to start. For finding DVD
    player software, getting license to play MPEG2, and burning them to
    DVD.
    Impmon, May 4, 2007

  3. Ken Maltby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Let's say I want to burn a dvd , and instead of installing the codecs
    > on the windows xp machine so that Windows Media 9,10, or 11 can play
    > it, I just include a dvd player on the dvd with the vob files so when
    > dvd is inserted into the drive you can use the player on that dvd to
    > play the dvd files also on the same dvd.
    >
    > Is that possible ? Which dvd playing software should I use ? How do
    > you burn such a dvd ?

    Sure, think of all the special video that plays while installing
    software, they run using their own players.

    You can also install and register codec from your disk. You
    can use the free Media Player Classic with command line switches
    to register codec and play your video. VLC also has an extensive
    set of command line switches and is a little smaller than MPC.

    If you really want to see what can easily be done, in this regard;
    check MMB out:
    http://mmb.mediachance.com/index.html
    there are some Video tutorials there as well.
    http://mmb.mediachance.com/tutorials.html

    This program will let you create autorun DVDs that can do
    just about anything. It can easily do what you describe.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, May 4, 2007
  4. Ken Maltby Guest

    "Ken Maltby" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Let's say I want to burn a dvd , and instead of installing the codecs
    >> on the windows xp machine so that Windows Media 9,10, or 11 can play
    >> it, I just include a dvd player on the dvd with the vob files so when
    >> dvd is inserted into the drive you can use the player on that dvd to
    >> play the dvd files also on the same dvd.
    >>
    >> Is that possible ? Which dvd playing software should I use ? How do
    >> you burn such a dvd ?
    >>

    > Sure, think of all the special video that plays while installing
    > software, they run using their own players.
    >
    > You can also install and register codec from your disk. You
    > can use the free Media Player Classic with command line switches
    > to register codec and play your video. VLC also has an extensive
    > set of command line switches and is a little smaller than MPC.
    >
    > If you really want to see what can easily be done, in this regard;
    > check MMB out:
    > http://mmb.mediachance.com/index.html
    > there are some Video tutorials there as well.
    > http://mmb.mediachance.com/tutorials.html
    >
    > This program will let you create autorun DVDs that can do
    > just about anything. It can easily do what you describe.
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    Oops; that should have been:
    http://mmb.mediachance.com/tutorials.htm