    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Dennis
    Dennis Petito, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Dennis Petito

    Jeff Durham Guest

    Does Windows XP's Movie Maker let you create DVDs? I am pretty certain that
    you can make Video CDs with it. Just not sure about DVDs.

    Jeff

    "Dennis Petito" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some simple software to create slideshows playable on DVD
    > players. I want to use DVD's and not cd's as the latter are generally too
    > small and cannot hold many high res slides. Also, I want to be able to

    add

    Jeff Durham, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Dennis Petito wrote:
    > I am looking for some simple software to create slideshows playable on DVD
    > players. I want to use DVD's and not cd's as the latter are generally too
    > small and cannot hold many high res slides. Also, I want to be able to add
    > some music in the background.
    >
    > Nothing fancy; just easy to use.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I just got DVDit version 5, and it has an excellent slideshow facility.
    Plus, of course, the video DVD capabilities. Seems really good.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Dennis Petito

    Toni Guest

    >Does Windows XP's Movie Maker let you create DVDs?

    The version I have will make vcds play in my dvd player. There is an updated
    version that will do dvds I think.

    2-Ton Toni
    Toni, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Dennis Petito

    Arthur Small Guest

    ProShowGold will do DVD. I just did a CD with 112 images and sound runs 15
    minutes. How log a slide show do you plan on making?
    Arthur Small, Jun 16, 2004
  6. "Dennis Petito" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some simple software to create slideshows playable on DVD
    > players. I want to use DVD's and not cd's as the latter are generally too
    > small and cannot hold many high res slides. Also, I want to be able to

    add
    > some music in the background.
    >
    > Nothing fancy; just easy to use.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dennis

    Paint Shop Photo Album does it, and more. You can try it free for 30 days
    by downloading the program from www.jasc.com.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 16, 2004
  7. I looked at ProShow but someone criticized it since it was difficult to
    change the aspect ration from 4x3 to 3x2 or widescreen. Any comment on your
    experience?

    Thanks, Dennis

    Dennis Petito, Jun 17, 2004
  8. Thanks for the suggestions. After a great deal of effort, I decided to go
    with Photoshop Album. It handles DVD as well as CD burning of slideshows
    and I had a trial to foll with.

    Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Dennis Petito, Jun 17, 2004
  9. Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 2.0

    http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

    Download and test the trial version to see how you like it.

    http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products/dvdslideshow/

    There is a free trial version of this one too, but i haven't used it.

    I own the Ulead product and like it very much, however I feel there should
    be more transitions, a little fancier, and smoother.

    Cathy De Viney, Jun 20, 2004
  10. Download and test the trial version to see how you like it.

    Cathy De Viney, Jun 20, 2004
  11. Dennis Petito

    mississippisfish

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    mississippisfish, Sep 13, 2006
  12. Dennis Petito

    yinter

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder will do this quite nicely. It lets you create photo & video slideshows on DVD with music, transitions & more.

    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html

    Good luck :p

    yinter, Sep 19, 2006