DVD Slideshow help

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by QuickHare, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. QuickHare

    QuickHare Guest

    Hi.

    I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a DVD of
    them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options, I think. The
    first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in the usual way.
    This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.

    The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the disc as
    files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos sequentially
    using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I know most DVD players
    can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data disc and simply popping that
    in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this for all players.

    It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or production
    photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it is possible.

    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

    ---
    QuickHare

    QuickHare, Nov 12, 2005

  2. QuickHare

    Large Farva Guest

    I use Sonic MyDVD for that. It's not the best DVD authoring program there
    is, but I love the way it does slideshows.

    Large Farva, Nov 12, 2005

  3. QuickHare

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or production
    > photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it is possible.
    > Anyone have any thoughts on this?

    I had a play at this myself a few weeks ago and failed miserably - I
    think, in essence, you set up each image you want to view as a
    seperate menu - and the forward / back buttons take you to the next
    (or previous) menu.

    --
    Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
    **** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

    Colin Wilson, Nov 12, 2005
  4. QuickHare

    Alpha Guest

    "QuickHare" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a
    > DVD of them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options,
    > I think. The first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in
    > the usual way. This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.
    >
    > The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the
    > disc as files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos
    > sequentially using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I
    > know most DVD players can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data
    > disc and simply popping that in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this
    > for all players.
    >
    > It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or
    > production photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it
    > is possible.
    >
    > Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    >
    > ---
    > QuickHare

    Slideshow capabilities are in MovieFactory 4, Nero 7, DVDit....to name a
    few.

    Alpha, Nov 12, 2005
  5. QuickHare

    Jim Hughes Guest

    Good Evening ...

    .... I use ProShow Gold, by Photodex. Here is a link:
    http://www.photodex.com/downloads/trials.html

    .... get the ProShow Gold Version 2.5 Trial

    .... take a look at http://photodex.com/ under the Show Spotlight category.

    .... easy to use, lots of capabilities ...

    Good Hunting.
    Jim Hughes
    *******************************

    Jim Hughes, Nov 13, 2005
  6. ProShow Gold or Ulead DVD PictureShow ( www.ulead.com ) 30 day free trial.

    Cathy De Viney, Nov 13, 2005
  7. On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:57:04 +0000, QuickHare wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a DVD of
    > them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options, I think. The
    > first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in the usual way.
    > This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.

    You should specify what operating system you are going to be using. As
    you can see most people assume you are running M$. The capability also
    exists for the Mac and Linux/BSD. In fact there was a link posted here a
    couple of months back by someone who created a slideshow DVD under Linux.
    You should be able to find the information under Google Groups.

    FYI, a slideshow DVD has a different specification than a video or data
    DVD. Both methods you describe should work. A VOB file with only one
    frame... Interesting.

    Later
    Mike

    The Wizard of Oz, Nov 13, 2005
  8. HI,
    went through the same thing with my recent
    purchase of a Gateway muti media computer
    in recent weeks.I ran across a link somewhere
    for Microsoft's photo story and I love it.The
    software is free and to put the slide show on DVD you need to by a plug in
    from sonic for about 20 dollars.Has built in music choices or do your
    own,zoom a selection of transitions.
    300 picture limit to a show.

    Charles Murtaugh, Nov 16, 2005