    Peace
    Zonker

    http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

    zonker, Aug 10, 2006

  2. zonker

    John Guest

    "zonker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
    > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
    > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
    >
    > Peace
    > Zonker
    >
    > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

    Hi, I'd recommend 'Proshow Gold' a cracking program for creating slide shows
    etc.

    http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

    John

    John, Aug 10, 2006

  3. zonker

    John McGerr Guest

    I use thre software MemoriesOnTV, it does a nice job plus it has what it
    calls the 'Ken Burns Effect', basically allows you to zoom in on a section,
    or sections of the photo. from code jam http://www.codejam.com/
    John

    John McGerr, Aug 10, 2006
  4. zonker

    Julian Guest

    In article <ebfdgt$d1s$>, John McGerr
    <> wrote:

    > I use thre software MemoriesOnTV, it does a nice job plus it has what it
    > calls the 'Ken Burns Effect', basically allows you to zoom in on a section,
    > or sections of the photo. from code jam http://www.codejam.com/
    > John
    > "zonker" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
    > > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
    > > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
    > >
    > > Peace
    > > Zonker
    > >
    > > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

    And for the Mac try Photo to Movie from LQ Graphics
    (http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/)

    Julian, Aug 10, 2006
  5. zonker

    Tom Tilney Guest

    You might want to check out Picassa 2, it's a free Microsoft download. It
    works as a screensaver too, and the price is right.

    Tom Tilney, Aug 10, 2006
  6. zonker

    GLL Guest

    I have used Nero Vision, it came with my DVD burner, it works ok, user
    friendly, but I have nothing to compare it to, something else may be
    better

    GLL, Aug 10, 2006
  7. zonker

    Guest

    Burnatonce is freeware and much more reliable than Nero.

    , Aug 10, 2006
  8. zonker

    Debi Guest

    I also used Memories on TV. It is easy to use, but the audio editing
    is not very good.

    For a company that can create a slideshow for you, PhotoMax does a good
    job. Check them out at dvoris.myphotomax.com.

    Debi

    Debi, Aug 11, 2006
  9. zonker

    Fishface Guest

    zonker wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
    > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
    > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.

    I have tried several which allow panning and zooming. The best results in terms
    of output quality have been obtained with ProShow Gold. In order to prevent
    a shimmering effect when zooming and downsizing to a lower resolution, these
    programs need to blur the pictures somewhat. Simply put, ProShow seems to
    blur it less. I like the interface to PhototoMovie, but found the blurring
    unacceptable (Windows). Also, I don't believe that P2M for Windows offers
    DVD authoring at the present time. I liked P2M (and did pay the man) until I
    saw ProShow output. I have also tried the MOTV application a couple of
    times over the years and found it lacking. All these programs offer free trials.

    Photoshop Elements offers some slideshow capabilities, but I don't have the
    latest version. Adobe offers a tryout for that, too. The Photoshop Elements
    3 slideshow wizard immediately crashes the application on my Win2k Athlon
    XP system, which is not otherwise prone to crashing. Adobe seems willing to
    accept a number of flaws in its consumer level software and I have not been
    compelled to upgrade.

    Then there are the actual video editing applications. Depending upon what
    exact capabilities you require, i.e, panning, zooming, transitions, and how much
    you want the program to do and how much you are willing to do yourself, you
    might look at Sony's Vegas Movie Studio and Ulead's VideoFactory 10. I have
    not tried Adobe's Premiere Elements as it requires XP and SSE2. I would
    definitely start with the ProShow Gold trial, though.

    Fishface, Aug 14, 2006
  10. zonker

    Guest

    zonker wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
    > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
    > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
    >
    > Peace
    > Zonker
    >
    > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

    How about DVD SlideShow Builder? This software could help to create
    wonderful DVD slide shows easily and quickly.
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.php?sid=3

    DVD SlideShow Builder includes:
    1. Multiple excellent transition effects;
    2. Ability to add video clips;
    3. Pre-made dvd menu templates, and you can also make style one with
    template designer;
    4. Adding music and narration is supported;
    5. Fast burning.

    Tutorials here:
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dsb/tutorial.php?sid=3

    , Aug 14, 2006
  11. zonker

    Ødegård Guest

    "zonker" <> skrev i melding
    > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
    > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
    > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
    >
    > Peace
    > Zonker
    >
    > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

    Photos on CD & DVD 5.0