    Is it possible to burn digital pictures on a CD and then play them back on
    the TV via a DVD player?
    Pierre
    Pierre, Jul 24, 2003

  2. If your DVD player has the "JPEG Readable" feature you can just copy JPEGs
    onto a CD and play it straight away.
    Many (most?) modern DVD players have this feature.
    I bought an APEX 1700 for about $50 and it plays CDs full of jpegs just fine.

    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Pierre

    hornbill Guest

    I too have a copy of ULEAD DVD PictureShow V 2.0. You can use this programme
    to burn an autorun VCD or DVD.. your choice.

    And if you have enough MP3 music or songs you can embed them into your VCD.

    User friendly. Very impressive and lots of fun.

    cmmwong

    hornbill, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Pierre

    SWD Guest

    SWD, Jul 24, 2003
  5. If I recall correctly, I cropped, resized and edited the images in
    Photoshop before burning them to a CD.
    I think I resized to 640 X 480 pixels so I could get the full image on the
    screen.
    My thought was that if I made the images any bigger, Apex would have to
    resize them.
    I trusted Photoshop's resizing algorithms more than Apex's. But in the real
    world, I doubt that there would be any noticeable difference in image
    quality.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Jul 24, 2003
  6. I just copied a bunch of images in jpeg format to a CD just as if I was archiving them.
    I didn't try viewing a Kodak Photo CD.
    They are probably in .pcd format, so you may not be able to copy them directly to a CD
    Perhaps you could open the Photo CD in Photoshop and save the images to a folder as jpegs.
    Then burn the jpeg images in the folder to your CD.
    Just guessing, but it seems reasonable.
    Bob

    Robert E. Williams, Jul 25, 2003
  7. Pierre

    hornbill Guest

    Charles,

    Sorry for the late reply. I have tried this Ulead programe and am amazed at
    the clarity of the pictures that are displayed on my T.V. monitor. I have
    the vcd player and not the dvd. Try it out & I believe you won't regret.

    Borneo

    "Charles Eaves" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for software to burn vcd's and dvd's of photo images. Can the
    > ulead program burn a slideshow to a vcd with sharp and clear images to

    view
    > on a tv.
    > I am using a program now when you burn a vcd slideshow for a computer, the
    > images are great. But when burn a vcd for a dvd player, the picture

    quality

    hornbill, Jul 25, 2003
  8. Pierre

    Myles Guest

    On 24 Jul 2003 20:11:44 -0700, (Pat) wrote:

    >"Robert E. Williams" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> If your DVD player has the "JPEG Readable" feature you can just copy JPEGs
    >> onto a CD and play it straight away.
    >> Many (most?) modern DVD players have this feature.
    >> I bought an APEX 1700 for about $50 and it plays CDs full of jpegs just fine.
    >>
    >> Bob Williams
    >>

    >Bob:
    >
    >I just bought an Apex at Walmart and was wondering the same thing. Do
    >I just put the JPG files on a CD or do I need to to something else?
    >Hate to ruin too many CDs just figuring it out. It's also supposed to
    >read Kodak CDs and I have a few of those. Are there files on the
    >Kodak CD I can copy to another CD to make my own picture CD, or
    >haven't you tried this?

    I don't like wasting Cds either so I use CD-RW . Put the jpgs in a
    directory and play the CD on my DVD player (samsung). Erase the whole
    loy if I don't like it and start again .

    Myles, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Pierre

    Myles Guest

    On 24 Jul 2003 20:11:44 -0700, (Pat) wrote:

    >"Robert E. Williams" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> If your DVD player has the "JPEG Readable" feature you can just copy JPEGs
    >> onto a CD and play it straight away.
    >> Many (most?) modern DVD players have this feature.
    >> I bought an APEX 1700 for about $50 and it plays CDs full of jpegs just fine.
    >>
    >> Bob Williams
    >>

    >Bob:
    >
    >I just bought an Apex at Walmart and was wondering the same thing. Do
    >I just put the JPG files on a CD or do I need to to something else?
    >Hate to ruin too many CDs just figuring it out. It's also supposed to
    >read Kodak CDs and I have a few of those. Are there files on the
    >Kodak CD I can copy to another CD to make my own picture CD, or
    >haven't you tried this?

    There are Kodak Picture Cds and KodakPhoto Cds ; different things !

    Myles, Jul 25, 2003
  10. Pierre

    SWD Guest

    SWD, Jul 26, 2003