    what kind of burner do i need if i want to burn a copy??
    as you can see im almost over my head but i want to learn

    thanks dnw

    don ward, Jan 30, 2006

  2. don ward

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    don ward spewed forth:
    > Ok so what are single/regular and double layer dvd's??
    > what kind of burner do i need if i want to burn a copy??
    > as you can see im almost over my head but i want to learn
    >
    > thanks dnw

    single layer = 4.65 GB
    dual layer = almost twice that

    dual layer discs cost more, and require a dual layer burner

    burn a copy of what?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2006

  3. don ward

    Martik Guest

    "don ward" <> wrote in message
    > Ok so what are single/regular and double layer dvd's??
    > what kind of burner do i need if i want to burn a copy??
    > as you can see im almost over my head but i want to learn
    >
    > thanks dnw

    www.cdfreaks.com

    DL is still way too expensive.

    Use Dvdshrink to 'backup' a dvd - lots of guides and downloads available
    thru google.

    Martik, Jan 30, 2006
  4. don ward wrote:

    Ok so what are single/regular and double layer dvd's??
    >what kind of burner do i need if i want to burn a copy??
    >as you can see im almost over my head but i want to learn
    >
    >thanks dnw

    But what are the chances that you want to burn a copy?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Re: Re: dvd single / double layer ????

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:,
    >don ward spewed forth:
    >
    >single layer = 4.65 GB
    >dual layer = almost twice that
    >
    >dual layer discs cost more, and require a dual layer burner
    >
    >burn a copy of what?

    What does this speculation lead to?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006