    my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
    on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
    -Rich
    RichA, Jan 26, 2005

  2. RichA

    Biz Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Nero seems to be able to condense down
    > my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
    > on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
    > -Rich

    Nero is an evil combined component software...

    DVDShrink is completely free...
    Biz, Jan 26, 2005

  3. RichA

    Joe S Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Nero seems to be able to condense down
    >>my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
    >>on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
    >>-Rich

    > Nero is an evil combined component software...
    >
    > DVDShrink is completely free...

    LOLOL

    Niiiice.

    Joe
    Joe S, Jan 26, 2005
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:41:45 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >"RichA" <> wrote in message
    >> Nero seems to be able to condense down
    >> my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
    >> on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
    >> -Rich

    >Nero is an evil combined component software...
    >
    >DVDShrink is completely free...

    Is free different from "completely free?"
    Is that like, "free gift?"
    -Rich
    RichA, Jan 26, 2005
  5. RichA

    Bratboy Guest

    Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
    experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
    produced a better qual image for being shrunk.
    Bratboy, Jan 26, 2005
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:45:42 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> wrote:

    >Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
    >experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
    >produced a better qual image for being shrunk.

    Would those be made using the "deep analysis" feature?
    -Rich
    RichA, Jan 26, 2005

    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 27, 2005
  8. RichA

    Bratboy Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:45:42 -0700, "Bratboy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
    >>experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
    >>produced a better qual image for being shrunk.
    >>

    > Would those be made using the "deep analysis" feature?
    > -Rich

    Force of habit from old DivX making days but yes, I do like to let it do dbl
    pass. Single still does a good job but IMO the deep analysis results in much
    better shrinks. Now I personally have never used the other otion that was
    added to the options tab thats supposed to help some more but I just am not
    familiar with it & my movies look rather good as is so havent played with
    it.
    Bratboy, Jan 27, 2005
  9. RichA

    stantheman Guest

    I want the best quality so I am prepared to wait the extra time for this
    extra analysis to occur (and it does add substantially to the encoding
    time). I have been impressed with the results but I haven't compared the
    difference if not 'Quality Enhanced'. Might do a test to see the results.
    stantheman, Jan 28, 2005
  10. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:08:30 +1030, stantheman
    <> wrote:

    >I want the best quality so I am prepared to wait the extra time for this
    >extra analysis to occur (and it does add substantially to the encoding
    >time). I have been impressed with the results but I haven't compared the
    >difference if not 'Quality Enhanced'. Might do a test to see the results.

    I've done it with one movie, I'll try with Nero and compare them.
    The time it took was about 2 hours for the analysis and 3 to do
    the conversion and burn. But that's on a relatively slow system
    with other stuff going on. I'm gettig a new, faster system to
    just do this "grunt" work on Sunday.
    -Rich
    RichA, Jan 29, 2005
  11. RichA

    Darkknight Guest

    Nero can't decrypt the DVD, you would have to use another program such
    as DVDdecrypter beforehand.
    whereas, DVDshrink also decrypts the DVD

    Darkknight, Feb 1, 2005
  12. RichA

    poet Guest

    can Nero copy 8.5 gig of movie to single layer 4.7gig??

    poet, Feb 2, 2005
  13. RichA

    Biz Guest

    "poet" <> wrote in message
    > can Nero copy 8.5 gig of movie to single layer 4.7gig??

    No program can do that. But several programs can take 8.5gig, remove some
    features and/or recompress the video to get it down to 4.7gig so you can
    burn it to a recordable disk.

    Biz, Feb 2, 2005