DVD Shrink causing jerky video in PowerDVD?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by J Belly, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. J Belly

    J Belly Guest

    Hello:

    I'm hoping someone can help me...been pulling out my hair trying to
    figure this one out:

    I was using Shrink v3.1.7 without any problems, and then decided to
    upgrade to v3.2.0.15. Ever since then, a few of the dvd's I've played
    in Cyberlink PowerDVD (v5) show slightly jerky video -- and the really
    odd thing is it always happens in the same exact points in the last
    few chapters or so. (The beginning and middle chapters are fine.)

    Also, even though this problem occurs when I'm playing the dvd
    straight from my player (before I even run it through Shrink), I'm
    convinced that the new version of Shrink must somehow be involved
    because the upgrade was the only change I had made to my system. (I
    had never had this problem with previous versions of Shrink in the
    past.)

    I've ascertained that it's not a hardware problem, as I've also tried
    playback in my 2nd drive (and it still shows the same jerky video in
    the same chapters). It's also not a disc surface problem because it's
    been happening in other dvd's, as well.

    And, again, this all started occuring after I upgraded to Shrink
    3.2.0.15 -- I'm convinced that maybe Shrink installed some file that's
    screwing up my comp's video output.

    I've already tried going back to the previous version (3.1.7.6) and
    that didn't fix it. I also tried XP's System Restore and that didn't
    work either. (However, I don't think SP can always change every file
    back to a previous state).

    Anyone experience a similar problem or have any suggestions I can try?
    I've already googled like crazy trying to find an answer, and nothing.
    I'm really hoping someone here can shed some light.

    Thanks a lot!

    J Belly, Apr 1, 2005