    DVD-R's? I've also tried burning directly using Nero and it stopped
    at the same spot. Is this a security device inside? How can I
    bypass?

    Maver, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Maver

    Robotman Guest

    What sort of error are you getting?

    What media are you using?

    What burner do you have?

    Have you done any firmware updates to the drive?

    Robotman.

    Robotman, Jul 31, 2004

  3. Maver

    Maver Guest

    I'll have to get back to you on the error message itself, by media,
    I'm assuming you're refering to the brand of DVD-R I am using which is
    COMPUSA (experimenting with the cheaper ones prior to using more
    expensive). My burner is a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R5002. As for firmware
    updates, I'm anovice to this, so I do not believe I have done any
    updates.

    Maver, Jul 31, 2004
  4. Maver

    Maver Guest

    "Robotman" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > What sort of error are you getting?
    >
    > What media are you using?
    >
    > What burner do you have?
    >
    > Have you done any firmware updates to the drive?
    >

    > Robotman.

    This is a copy of the exact error message...the warning sign appears
    saying Burn Error and then I can scroll down the whole burn process
    and find this at the end. I click OK and it takes me to another
    screen that says the burn failed and that the encoded backup was
    successful and can be used to burn with appropriate tools. I play
    what is done of the erred DVD and it gets 75% of the way done

    #24 CDR -1135 File Writer.cpp, Line 304
    Write error

    2:46:36 PM #25 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 229
    all writers idle, stopping conversion

    2:46:36 PM #26 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 223
    conversion idle, stopping reader

    2:46:36 PM #27 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2256
    EndDAO: Last written address was 1540063

    2:46:36 PM #28 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 273
    Burn process failed at 2x (2,770 KB/s)

    2:46:36 PM #29 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 828
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

    2:46:36 PM #30 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 857
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

    Maver, Aug 1, 2004
  5. I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
    20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
    is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
    significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
    earlier in this thread.

    As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
    problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
    open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
    some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.

    Any additional tips are appreciated.

    Mike

    --
    Michael "BullDog" Mason -

    Michael Mason, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
    problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
    I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
    successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
    well again, I copied 3 movies last night.

    Mike

    --
    Michael "BullDog" Mason -

    Michael Mason, Aug 4, 2004
  7. Maver

    Maver Guest

    (Michael Mason) wrote in message news:<ceqsva$6k7$>...
    > Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
    > problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
    > I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
    > successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
    > well again, I copied 3 movies last night.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Michael Mason () writes:
    > > I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
    > > 20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
    > > is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
    > > significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
    > > earlier in this thread.
    > >
    > > As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
    > > problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
    > > open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
    > > some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.
    > >
    > > Any additional tips are appreciated.
    > >
    > > Mike

    Well I guess I'll just have to cough up the extra money and try some
    more expensive DVD's. I appreciate your input on the situation.

    Maver, Aug 4, 2004
  8. Maver

    Maver Guest

    (Maver) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Michael Mason) wrote in message news:<ceqsva$6k7$>...
    > > Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
    > > problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
    > > I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
    > > successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
    > > well again, I copied 3 movies last night.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >
    > > Michael Mason () writes:
    > > > I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
    > > > 20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
    > > > is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
    > > > significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
    > > > earlier in this thread.
    > > >
    > > > As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
    > > > problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
    > > > open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
    > > > some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.
    > > >
    > > > Any additional tips are appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Mike
    > > >

    > Well I guess I'll just have to cough up the extra money and try some
    > more expensive DVD's. I appreciate your input on the situation.

    > > > --
    > > > Michael "BullDog" Mason -

    Went out an dbought more expensive DVD's and it actually worked without a hitch!

    Maver, Aug 6, 2004