DVD Set Hub Design

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mac Breck, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Mac Breck

    Mac Breck Guest

    Is there any central place that communicates with the DVD industry where
    comsumers could send their comments regarding the DVD set packaging,
    specifically DVD hub design? The ones in my Miami Vice Season 1 set are
    the same as the ones on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 set:

    Closeups of BtVS S2 hub:
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/btvss2hub1.jpg
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/btvss2hub2.jpg
    (The "Push" only releases one pin, while all the rest still hang on for
    dear life.)

    ....and are utterly HORRIBLE. You almost have to bend/break the discs in
    two, to get them off the damned hubs. Strangely enough, the Boomtown
    Season 1 set looks like it uses the same hub design, but those discs are
    not quite as difficult to remove from the packaging.

    This style hub, from BtVS S1 & S3 respectively, is *infinitely* better.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/btvss1hub.jpg
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/btvss3hub.jpg

    (Sent a copy to tvshowsondvd.com.)

    --
    Mac Breck (KoshN)

    "Brimstone" (1998)
    The Devil: Nobody beats the Devil. Are you listening? Did you hear what
    I said, Mr. Stone? Nobody beats the Devil.
    Ezekiel Stone: So you keep telling me. <enjoying his Reggie Bar> Go to
    Hell...<smiles and pushes the Down button on the elevator> ...please.
    Mac Breck, Mar 10, 2005