    What is the most reliable mfg?

    Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

    Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

    RickMerrill, Oct 17, 2008

  2. RickMerrill

    RickMerrill Guest

    UncleDave wrote:
    > "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    >> What is the most reliable mfg?
    >>
    >> Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

    > You can record on it until it's full. If you want more, you have to erase
    > what's there.
    >> Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

    > No. You do it when you're ready.

    Thanks. I was double checking some misleading "rumors!"

    RickMerrill, Oct 17, 2008

  3. RickMerrill

    Guest

    RickMerrill wrote:

    > What is the most reliable mfg?

    > Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

    They have to be formated the 1st time you use them.
    You can either erase or re-format them after that.

    > Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

    They do not have to be finalized. However, some
    standalone players will only play the first title,
    rather that the whole disc. Finalizing creates
    a menu and turns the disc into a standard one.

    -Bill

    , Oct 18, 2008
  4. RickMerrill

    RickMerrill Guest

    wrote:
    > RickMerrill wrote:
    >
    >> What is the most reliable mfg?

    >> Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

    > They have to be formated the 1st time you use them.
    > You can either erase or re-format them after that.
    >
    >> Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

    > They do not have to be finalized. However, some
    > standalone players will only play the first title,
    > rather that the whole disc. Finalizing creates
    > a menu and turns the disc into a standard one.
    >
    > -Bill

    Ah, this may explain why some PEG stations have
    trouble with their automation controls
    "playing" a DVD+RW and the whole disk fails to play.

    RickMerrill, Oct 18, 2008