    Is such a thing remotely or conceivably possible with +RW???

    --
    http://www.BoltonAccess.TV
    meagain, Aug 3, 2013

  2. meagain

    Charlie+ Guest

    On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 14:49:26 -0400, meagain <>
    wrote as underneath :

    >I have a memorex DVD+RW that has been written
    >perhaps half a dozen times but now gets errors
    >even after a "full erase". It has some scratches
    >that look like head crashes in one 'slice' of the disk
    >between a radius from center of 1" to 1.5".
    >
    >Now hard drives have software that can detect "bad sectors"
    >and mark them unusable.
    >
    >Is such a thing remotely or conceivably possible with +RW???

    Dont bother to repair, the physical scratches maybe possible but +RW
    disks have very limited life anyway before you start seeng errors,
    especially if not kept really cool and in the dark. There is no way of
    writing a permanent sector correction track that I know of.. C+
    Charlie+, Aug 4, 2013

  3. meagain

    meagain Guest

    Charlie+ wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 14:49:26 -0400, meagain <>
    > wrote as underneath :
    >

    >> I have a memorex DVD+RW that has been written
    >> perhaps half a dozen times but now gets errors
    >> even after a "full erase". It has some scratches
    >> that look like head crashes in one 'slice' of the disk
    >> between a radius from center of 1" to 1.5".
    >>
    >> Now hard drives have software that can detect "bad sectors"
    >> and mark them unusable.
    >>
    >> Is such a thing remotely or conceivably possible with +RW???

    > Dont bother to repair, the physical scratches maybe possible but +RW
    > disks have very limited life anyway before you start seeng errors,
    > especially if not kept really cool and in the dark. There is no way of
    > writing a permanent sector correction track that I know of.. C+

    Thanks for the reply.
    meagain, Aug 4, 2013