    if yes, please advise brand and model...

    thanks,

    robert
    Robert, Oct 29, 2004

  2. "Robert" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > does such a piece of hardware exist?
    >
    > if yes, please advise brand and model...

    Any DVD +/- burner plus DVDRegionFree software from

    http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

    The LG GSA-4120 looks to be good value at present. Handles DVD+R9 (dual
    layer) as well as DVD-RAM disks as well. around £45, but you should be able
    to better that price.

    The LG GSA-4160 should be out by now (16x DVD+R write instead of 12x).

    Ian.
    Electric Fan Club, Oct 29, 2004

  3. "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > "Robert" <> wrote in message
    > > does such a piece of hardware exist?
    > >
    > > if yes, please advise brand and model...
    > >

    > Any DVD +/- burner plus DVDRegionFree software from
    >
    > http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm
    >
    > The LG GSA-4120 looks to be good value at present. Handles DVD+R9 (dual
    > layer) as well as DVD-RAM disks as well. around £45, but you should be

    able
    > to better that price.
    >
    > The LG GSA-4160 should be out by now (16x DVD+R write instead of 12x).

    Having just checked the site for DVDRegionFree, I notice that the latest
    version also allows you to copy 'copy protected' audio 'CDs'. That didn't
    take long did it?

    Ian.
    Electric Fan Club, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Robert