    there any DIY solution for such?

    TIA
    Roy
    Roy, Nov 15, 2007

  2. "Roy" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > The DVD-RW player of my notebook cease to recognize any disk CD or
    > DVD,( blank or loaded )in it and I would like to know what is likely
    > the reason for such.

    Standard cure for any computer "device" is to remove it
    from the OS (via / System / Device Manager / "remove")
    then reboot, so that the OS detects it as "new" and
    reinstals the drivers. (We assume you have checked for
    updated drivers and know where they are stored on the
    hard drive.) Have you tried this?

    No CD drive lasts for ever. Most types are fairly cheap
    and easy to replace (if you know how to open the case.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    Don Phillipson, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On Nov 17, 5:48 am, "Don Phillipson" <>
    wrote:
    > "Roy" <> wrote in message

    > > The DVD-RW player of my notebook cease to recognize any disk CD or
    > > DVD,( blank or loaded )in it and I would like to know what is likely
    > > the reason for such.

    > Standard cure for any computer "device" is to remove it
    > from the OS (via / System / Device Manager / "remove")
    > then reboot, so that the OS detects it as "new" and
    > reinstals the drivers. (We assume you have checked for
    > updated drivers and know where they are stored on the
    > hard drive.) Have you tried this?
    >
    > No CD drive lasts for ever. Most types are fairly cheap
    > and easy to replace (if you know how to open the case.)
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

    Thanks for your informative reply..
    I have not checked the drivers nor have any idea how to do it
    precisely.
    So you recommend that I have uninstall / remove it via Device Manager
    then reboot as new?
    A related question is whenever I tried to burn a CD DVD the burn
    software recognized the drive but when I load the
    blank disk its not even recognized and what I hear that the bay is
    empty.

    well I have been thinking of replacing it but not me but somebody who
    knows about this stuff like this.
    I might damage the wiring and connections if I do it myself.
    Roy
    Roy, Nov 18, 2007