    Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks.
    --
    Don

    Don, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Don

    beenthere Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I recently erased the files on a DVD-RW disc to make more storage room
    >available. The disc is now no longer recognised as a disc by my DVD
    >reader/writer drive. Can I recover the use of this disc?
    >
    > I tried to format the disc with no success. Is it possible to format a
    > DVD-RW or CD-RW disc and is this likely to solve my problem? It seems
    > that I can only format a floppy disc on my Sony Vaio desktop PCW_RX306
    > which uses Windows XP home.
    >
    > Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

    And the software you are using to achieve the format is ?.

    beenthere, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    In message <mF6sg.93572$>, beenthere
    <> writes

    >"Don" <> wrote in message
    >>I recently erased the files on a DVD-RW disc to make more storage room
    >>available. The disc is now no longer recognised as a disc by my DVD
    >>reader/writer drive. Can I recover the use of this disc?
    >>
    >> I tried to format the disc with no success. Is it possible to format a
    >> DVD-RW or CD-RW disc and is this likely to solve my problem? It seems
    >> that I can only format a floppy disc on my Sony Vaio desktop PCW_RX306
    >> which uses Windows XP home.
    >>
    >> Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks.
    >>

    >And the software you are using to achieve the format is ?.

    I was hoping to use Windows XP. Windows XP enables me to Format a
    floppy disc and I was hoping to do the same with the DVD-RW discs which
    are no longer recognised as discs by my drives.

    Do I need special software? Can I recover the use of these discs as
    DVD-RW by re-formating or any other way or am I wasting my time? If
    formating will help what software do I need and where can I get it?

    Thanks for your help.

    --
    Don

    Don, Jul 9, 2006