    Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Thank you.
    , May 2, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hi, I am using a Gateway AR-230 with Memorex DVD+RW discs. I have
    > been using these discs to record shows from VCR tapes and haven't had
    > any problems until now.
    >
    > I recorded some shows on the DVD+RW disc from a VCR tape and then I
    > decided to erase the disc and want to use it to record shows from the
    > TV. After I erased the disc and put it back into the recorder, the
    > recorder could not recognize the disc and on the top menu it said "DVD
    > Video" which I think should have been "DVD RW". No option could be
    > chosen from the recorder, I cannot use Disc Tool, Set-up, Edit or
    > anything! At this point, the disc is useless. Could anyone please tell
    > me what did happen? Is the disc forever damaged? I have done this
    > before and never have any problem. I tried to do the same thing with
    > another DVD+RW disc (also Memorex) and same situation happened.
    >
    > Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Maybe you should re-format the disc? I notice that Nero has a"format"
    option as well as a "DVD erase" option.
    Mike O'Sullivan, May 3, 2006

  3. davej Guest

    I always format before re recording- burn on pc and edit content-then format
    and re-use

    davej, May 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    Hi Mike, Thank you for the response. However I do not have a DVD+RW
    drive with my computer. So how else can I re-format the disc?

    Thank you.
    , May 5, 2006
  5. davej Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi Mike, Thank you for the response. However I do not have a DVD+RW
    > drive with my computer. So how else can I re-format the disc?
    >
    > Thank you.

    this facility is surely available on you dvd recorder?

    davej, May 9, 2006