    something other then backup. Please assist!

    Thank You,
    John
    John, Sep 1, 2003

  2. John

    Jeeters Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I was just curious... I want to back up large amounts of data to
    > DVDRW's. We have all seen that the +and- format are differently
    > compatible with different DVD players when it comes to video. I guess
    > it doesn't make a difference which one I get (DVD+RW or DVD-RW) if I
    > am just doing backups? Since I am going to buy a 50 pack or something
    > I would like to know what would be the best deal if I decide to do
    > something other then backup. Please assist!

    Well, does your burner support both formats or just one of them? If both,
    I'd opt for +RW since it doesn't require a full format before you can write
    to the disk.
    Jeeters, Sep 1, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:52:09 -0400, "Jeeters" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> I was just curious... I want to back up large amounts of data to
    >> DVDRW's. We have all seen that the +and- format are differently
    >> compatible with different DVD players when it comes to video. I guess
    >> it doesn't make a difference which one I get (DVD+RW or DVD-RW) if I
    >> am just doing backups? Since I am going to buy a 50 pack or something
    >> I would like to know what would be the best deal if I decide to do
    >> something other then backup. Please assist!

    >Well, does your burner support both formats or just one of them? If both,
    >I'd opt for +RW since it doesn't require a full format before you can write
    >to the disk.

    Both... its a Sony DRU-500a latest firmware... Yeah... The +RW's are a
    little more expensive. Since I am going to buy them in a 50pack I
    also don't want them to be unusable. So a good quality slow or fast
    disk at a good price is what I am looking for.

    Thanks,
    John
    John, Sep 1, 2003
  4. John

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    I've had good luck with meritline.com. +RW at under $2 each in bulk.
    Plays in everything (for me).
    Nomen Nescio, Sep 1, 2003
  5. John

    BoB Guest

    Have you considered a hard drive?

    BoB, Sep 2, 2003
  6. John

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:00:18 GMT, John
    <> Gave us:

    Wrong group. Ask in one of the DVD or rip it groups about rip it
    questions. Not here.
    DarkMatter, Sep 4, 2003