    WhiteDevil Guest

    My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
    play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

    WhiteDevil, Aug 31, 2003

  2. WhiteDevil

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "WhiteDevil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
    > play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

    Certainly should, as + media is more compatable for standalone players.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 31, 2003

  3. WhiteDevil

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    WhiteDevil wrote:
    > My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
    > play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

    no.
    go to www.dvdrhelp.com and look up your player on their list.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Aug 31, 2003
  4. WhiteDevil

    Impmon Guest

    On 31 Aug 2003 12:47:12 -0700, (WhiteDevil) typed:

    >My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
    >play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

    Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. +R/RW and -R/RW is quite
    different in the chemical makeup and some DVD player may not be able to
    read one or other. And in many cases, only the R will work and RW won't
    work at all.

    My 5803P will work with DVD+R/RW but my parent's Apex 1500 only plays
    -R/RW. Go figure. :p
    --
    All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
    reaching my inbox.

    Impmon, Sep 1, 2003
  5. WhiteDevil

    DVDHelp.us Guest

    On 31 Aug 2003, Impmon <> spake thusly, as shown in

    > Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. +R/RW and -R/RW is quite
    > different in the chemical makeup and some DVD player may not be able to
    > read one or other. And in many cases, only the R will work and RW won't
    > work at all.

    Plus you have to remember that quite often, the people who write the
    manuals or box covers don't know the difference between +R and -R and just
    assume that DVD-R means that it plays all burned discs. (Not everybody is a
    techie, even those who are supposed to be techies... LOL)

    --
    Jake

    Webmaster
    http://www.dvdhelp.us