    D. Lee
    ospam
    To e-mail me, remove the "nospam"
    D. Lee, Nov 7, 2004

  2. D. Lee

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Ritek is the best I've seen, along with Verbatim.

    "D. Lee" <> wrote in message
    > I know that for blank CD-R's, the very best brands are probably Mitsui &

    Taiyo
    > Yuden because they're known to last a very long time instead of probably

    going
    > bad after several years or so, and that ones made in Taiwan are mostly, if

    not
    > all, crap, but I know nothing about blank DVD+R's & DVD-R's, and now I

    need to
    > buy some for the first time. So can anyone give me advice on which are

    the
    > very best brands, especially ones known to last a very long time instead

    of

    Pug Fugley, Nov 8, 2004

  3. D. Lee

    D. Lee Guest

    Pug Fugley wrote -

    >Ritek is the best I've seen, along with Verbatim.

    Ritek? Do they really have a reputation for making high-quality blank DVD+R's
    & DVD-R's? Ritek has one of the worst reputations when it comes to blank
    CD-R's.

    D. Lee, Nov 8, 2004
  4. D. Lee

    Sound Junkie Guest

    On 08 Nov 2004 18:38:05 GMT, ospam (D. Lee) wrote:

    >Pug Fugley wrote -
    >
    >>Ritek is the best I've seen, along with Verbatim.

    >Ritek? Do they really have a reputation for making high-quality blank DVD+R's
    >& DVD-R's? Ritek has one of the worst reputations when it comes to blank
    >CD-R's.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >D. Lee
    >
    >To e-mail me, remove the "nospam"

    Some Riteks are good, but not all of them. Here are some guides:

    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia
    Sound Junkie, Nov 9, 2004
  5. D. Lee

    XYZ XYZee Guest

    Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui blank DVD's

    Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui make excellent, long-lasting blank CD-R's, but what
    about the blank DVD-R's and DVD+R's? Thanks.
    XYZ XYZee, Nov 9, 2004
  6. D. Lee

    Jarndtv Guest

    Re: Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui blank DVD's

    taiyo yuden are very expensive but very good.......mitsui are also very
    expensive but i have no idea if they are as good as the cdr-s.......I
    personally have always used ritek dvd-r and they have worked
    flawlessly.......

    Jarndtv, Nov 9, 2004
  7. D. Lee

    XYZ XYZee Guest

    Blank recordable DVD discs?

    Anybody know of any high-quality brands of blank DVD+R's or DVD-R's that are
    known to be the longest-lasting? How about Taiyo Yuden? Or Fuji (FujiFilm)
    ones made in Japan? Thanks.
    XYZ XYZee, Nov 18, 2004
  8. D. Lee

    TrashFish9 Guest

    Disc compatibility issues

    I've heard that some recordable DVD discs & a few CD-R's are found to be
    incompatible in certain DVD or CD players/drives? Does this usually refer to
    just audio/video discs being unplayable in them, or does it also often refer to
    data discs being incompatible in certain computers? How often are data discs
    found to be incompatible in certain computers - especially compared to how
    frequently audio/video discs are found to be unplayable in certain DVD/CD
    players or drives? Any helpful answers will be appreciated - thanks.
    TrashFish9, Nov 18, 2004
  9. D. Lee

    Sydney Brown Guest

    Re: Disc compatibility issues

    >I've heard that some recordable DVD discs & a few CD-R's are found to be
    >incompatible in certain DVD or CD players/drives? Does this usually refer to
    >just audio/video discs being unplayable in them, or does it also often refer
    >data discs being incompatible in certain computers? How often are data discs
    >found to be incompatible in certain computers - especially compared to how
    >frequently audio/video discs are found to be unplayable in certain DVD/CD
    >players or drives? Any helpful answers will be appreciated - thanks.

    No two people are going to give you the same answer. It's all trial and error.
    Find a brand that works for you and stick with it.

    -Sydney Brown

    I'm just here to help.
    Sydney Brown, Nov 19, 2004