    Any help would be appreciated.
    This is a Toshiba CD-ROM SD-R1312#
    OS-Win XP

    allan g, May 10, 2004

  2. allan g

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 05:51:01 +0000 (UTC), " allan g" <>
    wrote:

    >Problems - When trying to write to CD using Win Xp message says to put blank
    >CD in drive when I have already done so.

    Double-click "My Computer", right-click the CD writer, select "Properties",
    click the "Recording" tab, and make sure that the box, "Enable CD recording
    on this drive" is checked.

    >Some Cds wont play ,for example camera set up Cd,sometimes freezes up my Pc
    >when I try.

    DMA - Direct Memory Access
    PIO - Programmed Input/Output

    How to change the IDE DMA mode
    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-05.htm

    DMA Mode for ATA/ATAPI Devices in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

    Ultra DMA Mode 6 Devices Are Not Enabled on VIA Motherboards
    After You Install Windows XP SP1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q327805

    Windows XP Service Pack 1 Incorrectly Identifies the VIA
    VT82C686B Chipset as Supporting Ultra DMA Mode 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q813861

    Integrated Technology Express Devices May Not Work with Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q329180

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data
    to a CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q324129

    How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW,
    and DVD Discs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641
    HOW TO: Manage Devices in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q283658

    HOW TO: Configure Devices By Using Device Manager in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307970

    Unk, May 10, 2004

  3. allan g

    allan g Guest

    Having checked through the support sites given it looks like Cd driver may
    be corrupted.How does one get rid of it and a new one installed.

    allan g, May 10, 2004