    recognize the discs - the drives show up in windows, so I know it's
    recognizing he drive, but the commercial DVD drivers are not working
    properly. OS is Windows ME. Thanks for any help.....
    mb, Nov 6, 2003

  2. mb

    Anonymous Guest

    Some additional information would be nice - like:
    - which version of Windows?
    - which fixes are applied to the installed Windows?
    - which version of WinDVD or/and PowerDVD?
    - which brand and type of DVD drive?
    - which version of drivers?
    - the complete error messages that are displayed when you try to play
    a DVD using either of the SW

    etc.

    Anonymous, Nov 6, 2003

  3. mb

    mb Guest

    Win ME, up to date Direct X9, Nvidia Riva 4 MB video PCI, Power DVD XP (4),
    Latest WinDVD trial version (5, I think)Via Hyperon drivers for KT 133A
    chipset. New Lite On 16 X (166s I believe)Set up as slave with cdrw as
    master (though tried it as master with cdrw disconnected.) Power dvd error
    was unknown file format, Windvd error was no compatible DVD/CD drive found.

    Harlequin DVD (shareware) now works fine with its own drivers - but still no
    commercial software working.....

    Does it need an AGP card?

    Thanks
    "Anonymous" <Nobody> wrote in message
    > Some additional information would be nice - like:
    > - which version of Windows?
    > - which fixes are applied to the installed Windows?
    > - which version of WinDVD or/and PowerDVD?
    > - which brand and type of DVD drive?
    > - which version of drivers?
    > - the complete error messages that are displayed when you try to play
    > a DVD using either of the SW
    >
    > etc.

    News==----

    Newsgroups