    would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
    is appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Lucky Dog, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Lucky Dog

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Lucky Dog" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm in the market for a new DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive for my computer. I
    > would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
    > is appreciated.

    It's time to just get a DVD burner. Even if you're on a budget you can buy a
    4x DVD+R burner for $60 or so that will play and burn DVDs and CDs.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Lucky Dog

    Non Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:50:26 -0400, "Rich Clark"
    <> wrote:

    >"Lucky Dog" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I'm in the market for a new DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive for my computer. I
    >> would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
    >> is appreciated.

    >It's time to just get a DVD burner. Even if you're on a budget you can buy a
    >4x DVD+R burner for $60 or so that will play and burn DVDs and CDs.
    >
    >RichC

    He's right. Best deal right now is the NEC2500 DVD burner for aroound
    $81 shipped at newegg.com

    Don't waste your time with a "combo" drive, they're a dying breed.

    Non, Apr 13, 2004