DVD-ROM Book Type

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by edde, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. edde

    edde Guest

    I have a new Aopen DRW4410 (4x 4x 8x +R(W)) drive.

    I tried burning some backups of movies (all 3 were single layer so no
    recompression required).
    I copied the discs over, and then burned them using NERO 6.

    I used the DVD UDF/ISO method, setting the UDF to 1.02 and I also set the
    Book Type to DVD-ROM.

    They play fine on computers, but I tried them on my friend's Pioneer
    standalone DVD player (which supports DVD-R,+R,-RW,+RW) and they would not
    play. He's played other DVD recorded discs without problems.

    I used Memorex 4x DVD+R discs.

    Would I be better off just using NERO's regular DVD Video template. Or could
    changing the Book Type to DVD-ROM be the problem?

    Thanks

    edde, Sep 22, 2003