    Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    josh, Dec 24, 2007

  2. josh

    Mark W Guest

    "josh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    No, there is no such thing. People always seem to know someone who has heard
    of these programs but then Big Oil comes and buys them out - or silences
    them. I think it's an urban myth. If someone really did invent a program
    that could do that, don't you think it would be, like, out there by now?

    Mark W, Dec 24, 2007

  3. josh

    Netmask Guest

    "josh" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    First you need to decrypt the DVD using a variety of programs like
    DVDDecrypter etc. Then once the DVD files are on your computer another free
    program AutoGK will turn them into DiVX or Xvid files. - You get to choose
    the size and quality.

    Netmask, Dec 25, 2007
  4. josh

    alvey Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:05:01 -0800 (PST), josh wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    Loads @ www.videohelp.com

    alvey

    alvey, Dec 26, 2007
  5. josh

    smile Guest

    On Dec 26, 6:36 pm, alvey <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:05:01 -0800 (PST), josh wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    > Loads @www.videohelp.com
    >
    > alvey

    I know Magic DVD Ripper can help you. You may have a try.

    Happy New Year!

    smile, Dec 26, 2007
  6. josh

    Jim Guest

    "josh" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    There are many and many and many but here is one I use

    DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to xvid, divx etc etc
    One program , one step Great tool

    Also creates back ups of dvds

    Jim, Dec 26, 2007
  7. josh

    josh Guest

    On Dec 26, 9:48 am, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "josh" <> wrote in message

    > > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
    > > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
    > > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

    > There are many and many and many but here is one I use
    >
    > DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to xvid, divx etc etc
    > One program , one step Great tool
    >
    > Also creates back ups of dvds

    Thank you all for the information and sorry for the delay in response.
    Whenever I get home from work today I will be trying out some of these
    program you have mentioned and I hope to find one and a way that suits
    me and my situation. Thank you all.

    josh, Dec 27, 2007
  8. josh

    Bill's News Guest

    "josh" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 26, 9:48 am, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "josh" <> wrote in message

    > > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer
    > > in a small
    > > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the
    > > computer so I
    > > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room
    > > broke.

    > There are many and many and many but here is one I use
    >
    > DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to
    > xvid, divx etc etc
    > One program , one step Great tool
    >
    > Also creates back ups of dvds

    Thank you all for the information and sorry for the delay in
    response.
    Whenever I get home from work today I will be trying out some of
    these
    program you have mentioned and I hope to find one and a way that
    suits
    me and my situation. Thank you all.

    If you can rip it, you can play it. If this is just because
    your DVD player is shot, why rip? Just play!

    Bill's News, Dec 29, 2007