    I have 6 total files, which consist of 2 BUPs, 2 IFOs, and 2 VOPs (not
    VOBs). Most of my search results and downloaded programs require a VOB
    file, but I have VOP instead. What am I missing? Thanks for any help!!
    Joe, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Joe

    Joe Guest

    anyone?
    Joe, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Joe

    Ranger Jack Guest

    Are you sure the extension is .VOP? Are those the original files on
    the DVD or was some conversion program used to generate the BUP/IFO/VOP
    files?

    If you go to 'http://www.videohelp.com/tools?updated=List all by latest
    version' and look in the drop down box labeled 'Tool features' it lists
    a whole mess of file formats that you can convert from/to and nowhere
    in there is a way to convert from/to a .VOP file.

    Is it possible that it's some kind of proprietary extension that is
    used by one conversion/burner program only? Maybe your client can give
    you a heads-up on where he got those files and/or what program was used
    to burn that DVD and you can go from there.

    I'm pretty sure that BUP and IFO files reside alongside VOB files when
    a DVD disk is created. Just out of curiosity, why don't you try
    copying those files to your hard drive and manually change the
    extension of those 2 VOP's to VOB and see what happens.
    Ranger Jack, Aug 5, 2005