    Thanks for any and all help

    --
    'tis clean me thinks; Messr's Kaspersky & AVG sayeth such

    El Duderino, Dec 18, 2004

  2. El Duderino

    MJP Guest

    "El Duderino" <> wrote in message
    news:KJYwd.29299$...
    > Hi all, can someone give me some advice on these please. I know
    > absolutely nothing about them but am being bought one to install in my
    > puter for xmas. The person who is buying it for me has just rung me and
    > said "Do I want a + one or a - one?"
    > What the hell does she mean and which would I be advised to get? :)
    > I feel I should know this so am going to have a google but thought I would
    > ask for *unbiased* advice from here first.
    > Thanks for any and all help

    Get a Dual burner i.e. it will deal with both + and - DVD discs. A bit like
    betamax and vhs, same thing different formats.

    MJP

    MJP, Dec 18, 2004

  3. El Duderino

    dadiOH Guest

    MJP wrote:
    > "El Duderino" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all, can someone give me some advice on these please. I know
    >> absolutely nothing about them but am being bought one to install in
    >> my puter for xmas. The person who is buying it for me has just rung
    >> me and said "Do I want a + one or a - one?"
    >> What the hell does she mean and which would I be advised to get? :)
    >> I feel I should know this so am going to have a google but thought I
    >> would ask for *unbiased* advice from here first.
    >> Thanks for any and all help

    > Get a Dual burner i.e. it will deal with both + and - DVD discs. A
    > bit like betamax and vhs, same thing different formats.

    She might take "dual" to mean a dual layer drive - one that burns double
    the norm - so unless you are feeling greedy tell her "both" (most are).

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Dec 18, 2004