    Did I hear something like 14%? That was a greater increase by far
    than sales of DVDs.
    -Rich
    Rich, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Rich

    Allan Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:55:03 -0500, Rich <> wrote:

    >Did I hear something like 14%? That was a greater increase by far
    >than sales of DVDs.
    >-Rich

    "Consumers spent another $6.5 billion renting DVDs, up 14 percent over
    last year, the group said.

    The category increases mark a sharp slowdown from prior years‘
    spikes."

    http://www.localnewsleader.com/brocktown/stories/news-00120970.html

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Rich

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > Did I hear something like 14%? That was a greater increase by far
    > than sales of DVDs.
    > -Rich

    It's expected many people will return to renting over the next few
    years, as most consumers already have all the catalog titles they want
    and have begun to grow tired of buying every new release that comes
    out(many of which they'll only watch once).

    This will probably end up being the saving grace for the struggling
    Blockbuster and Hollywood Video stores out there...
    Black Locust, Jan 9, 2006