    Tad Bitt Guest

    Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda
    Tad Bitt, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Tad Bitt

    Tad Bitt Guest

    "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message
    news:Y8154dVb.92$3517lot15.com...
    > Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    > starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda

    Sorry, I meant best re-issue of 2003
    Tad Bitt, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Tad Bitt

    Duncan Idaho Guest

    "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in

    > "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message
    >> Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    >> starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda

    Okay, please, I can't stand the suspense any longer. Why is
    it the reissue of the year?

    DI
    Duncan Idaho, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Tad Bitt

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message
    > > Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    > > starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry

    Fonda

    > Sorry, I meant best re-issue of 2003

    In order for it to be a "re-issue", it would have had to have been
    issued on DVD before. It wasn't.
    Joshua Zyber, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Tad Bitt

    Heinrich Guest

    In article <fbdVb.115$>, Tad
    Bitt <> wrote:

    > "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message
    > > Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    > > starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda
    > >

    > Sorry, I meant best re-issue of 2003

    Re-issue?? It was out before in Region 1? When was that?
    Heinrich, Feb 8, 2004
  6. Tad Bitt

    Tad Bitt Guest

    "Duncan Idaho" <> wrote in message
    > "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message
    > >> Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    > >> starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda

    > Okay, please, I can't stand the suspense any longer. Why is
    > it the reissue of the year?
    >
    > DI

    simple answer for that. First off, this is only my opinion; I am not trying
    to state a fact or suggest that this Paramount 2 disc release won an award
    for best re-issue. Great movie, great transfer, great extras, what else
    would I mean?
    Tad Bitt, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Tad Bitt

    Tad Bitt Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in message

    > > > Once Upon A Time In The West (dir. Sergio Leone)
    > > > starring Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Henry

    > Fonda
    > >
    > > Sorry, I meant best re-issue of 2003

    > In order for it to be a "re-issue", it would have had to have been
    > issued on DVD before. It wasn't.

    by re-ssue I mean the re-release of a film released in the past-period.
    That could me it was available on video only and now dvd for the first time,
    or it means it has not seen the light of day on any home consumer format or
    it could mean that it was once available on either dvd or laserdisc and has
    now been released once again on dvd. Your definition of re-issue is also
    correct.

    To my knowledge this title has never been released on dvd prior to this one
    in any region. Besides, I only concern myself with non-region specific 0
    (Criterion etc..) or R1. I don't own a tv or have the power to accomodate
    the pal system so I would have no reason to seek out R2 for example.

    Anyway, I was hoping that others in the NG would post their choices for
    favorite release for 2003 or re-issue as it were. Instead, I get some
    smartass trying to pick apart a statement.
    Tad Bitt, Feb 8, 2004
  8. Tad Bitt

    Duncan Idaho Guest

    "Tad Bitt" <> wrote in

    > simple answer for that. First off, this is only my opinion; I am not
    > trying to state a fact or suggest that this Paramount 2 disc release
    > won an award for best re-issue. Great movie, great transfer, great
    > extras, what else would I mean?

    I thought you would have brought up some substantive points to convince me
    that your not wrong.

    DI
    Duncan Idaho, Feb 9, 2004