DVD Register Beta Testers Needed

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tom Orlofsky, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Tom Orlofsky

    Tom Orlofsky Guest

    DVD Collectors:

    The DVD Register (www.dvd-register.com) needs beta testers for a new
    release. The DVD Register provides a software application for DVD collectors
    to catalog their home library with minimal typing. The web reference catalog
    includes approximately 60,000 Laser Discs and DVDs released since 1979.
    Users can download the data and cover art for titles in their library from
    the web reference catalog.

    The purpose of the beta is to test a new online subscription activation and
    an automated web deployment wizard.

    Beta testers need to be running Windows 2000 SP3 or later or Windows XP. The
    DVD Register requires that Microsoft Access be installed on the PC. If a
    retail version of Access 2000, 2002, or 2003 is not present on the PC then
    you can download a run time version of Access 2003 as part of the
    pre-install procedure. Beta testers should have broadband Internet access
    such as a DSL or cable modem or equivalent.

    deployment page. The web deployment page for this beta software is not
    currently linked to the web site.

    Tom Orlofsky
    Owner of the DVD Register
    Tom Orlofsky, Dec 21, 2003

  2. In article <ttlFb.6972$Fg.4872@lakeread01>,
    "Tom Orlofsky" <> writes:
    > DVD Collectors:
    >
    > The DVD Register (www.dvd-register.com) needs beta testers for a new
    > release. The DVD Register provides a software application for DVD collectors
    > to catalog their home library with minimal typing. The web reference catalog
    > includes approximately 60,000 Laser Discs and DVDs released since 1979.
    > Users can download the data and cover art for titles in their library from
    > the web reference catalog.
    >
    > The purpose of the beta is to test a new online subscription activation and
    > an automated web deployment wizard.
    >
    > Beta testers need to be running Windows 2000 SP3 or later or Windows XP. The
    > DVD Register requires that Microsoft Access be installed on the PC. If a
    > retail version of Access 2000, 2002, or 2003 is not present on the PC then
    > you can download a run time version of Access 2003 as part of the
    > pre-install procedure. Beta testers should have broadband Internet access
    > such as a DSL or cable modem or equivalent.

    > deployment page. The web deployment page for this beta software is not
    > currently linked to the web site.
    >
    > Tom Orlofsky
    > Owner of the DVD Register

    What will this program offer that DVD Profiler doesn't?

    Will it have a free version too?
    DVD Profiler User, Dec 22, 2003